Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitehouse erases Obama

Options
  • 17-03-2019 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

The annual official Whitehouse post about St. Patrick's day & the shamrock presentation visit is extremely complimentary of the Irish & their contribution to America, however it completely omits #44 (4th last paragraph). Not surprising given the incumbant, however, shameful in the least.

Whitehouse.gov

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Dont know what you mean... it name checked a republican, a democrat, and a democratic republican.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭leonffrench

Whitehouse.com would have been better... brings back memories

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Children been burned to death over an utterance from his mouth sending in drone after drone leaves a very bad taste

• Registered Users Posts: 23,542 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That's from 2018 OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don’t see the issue? He’s still got Barack Obama Plaza…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Children been burned to death over an utterance from his mouth sending in drone after drone leaves a very bad taste

The qoute about rough men standing ready applies here, but Obama has been sanctified in the media with the darker, but neccesary, aspects of his leadership being whitewashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Literally name any US President in the last 30 years who hasn't been responsible for the death of children.

Get outta here with your daft bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,284 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Literally name any US President in the last 30 years who hasn't been responsible for the death of children.

Sure why stop there. Andrew Jackson hacked indian children to death in person... allegedly.
    Thats the Irish in him no doubt.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Donald Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

mad muffin wrote: »
    Donald Trump?

Good god no. Trumps Government has increased bombings in Somalia, Syria and Afghanistan.

You don't think no kids were killed, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

NE9jmN4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Good god no. Trumps Government has increased bombings in Somalia, Syria and Afghanistan.

You don't think no kids were killed, do you?

Donald will be remembered for the opposite

What the Republican party tweeted today is arguably more worthy of discussion in my humble opinion

https://twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/1107325339791953921

What the Republican party tweeted today is arguably more worthy of discussion in my humble opinion

https://twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/1107325339791953921

That Twitter feed was like the dump I took this morning. Long and made me wonder what the stink was all about?…

• Registered Users Posts: 15,048 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Obama's Irish background is far more diluted that that of Reagan or Kennedy's.

Reagan was a great grand child, Kennedy was a grand child.

Obama was a great great great grand child.

I don't know about Andrew Jackson but one point about him is that he was of Ulster Scots (today's unionists) stock.

Ulster Scots went to the US in huge numbers so he was probably included to reflect that.

Are we really still insisting that Obama is Irish?

O'Bama

• Registered Users Posts: 81,868 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Aegir wrote: »
    Are we really still insisting that Obama is Irish?

Stanley Ann Dunham was born on November 29, 1942 at Saint Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas,[7] the only child of Madelyn Lee Payne and Stanley Armour Dunham.[8] She was of predominantly English ancestry, with some Scottish, Welsh, Irish, German and Swiss.[9]

Overheal wrote: »
    Stanley Ann Dunham was born on November 29, 1942 at Saint Francis Hospital in Wichita, Kansas,[7] the only child of Madelyn Lee Payne and Stanley Armour Dunham.[8] She was of predominantly English ancestry, with some Scottish, Welsh, Irish, German and Swiss.[9]

And not to mention, a bit of Kenyan in her too…

badabing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Sure why stop there. Andrew Jackson hacked indian children to death in person... allegedly.
    Thats the Irish in him no doubt.

That’s the Scots Irish in him, no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Men, women and children were being imprisoned, enslaved, raped and slaughtered by the fundamentalists being targeted, it's not like there was an easy choice. It has had to continue under Trump, who has actually removed the accountability part.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Men, women and children were being imprisoned, enslaved, raped and slaughtered by the fundamentalists being targeted, it's not like there was an easy choice. It has had to continue under Trump, who has actually removed the accountability part.

The fundamentalists in Yemen? Or in Syria?

The fundamentalists in Yemen? Or in Syria?

Whichever ones I don't like based on which countries I don't like. That's the selective outrage logic around here

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Is this a 'the 44th king prophecy' thread?

Whichever ones I don't like based on which countries I don't like. That's the selective outrage logic around here

No.

We were talking about Obama. You were. What are you referencing?

No.

We were talking about Obama. You were. What are you referencing?

I saw a thread with Obama in the title, related to Paddy's day, so I presumed there'd be mention of drones within nanoseconds, I wasn't disappointed

I saw a thread with Obama in the title, related to Paddy's day, so I presumed there'd be mention of drones within nanoseconds, I wasn't disappointed

That’s nice. Not sure what fundamentalists you were opposing though since the drones operated in Yemen helping the fundamentalist Saudi regime there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Almost half of former US presidents claim Irish ancestry

I wouldn't put the Obama claim near the top of the list!

Advertisement