Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Granny flat

Options
  • 21-11-2019 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, do you have experience in renting out granny flat? Did you ever come accross any problems, did anyone come to inspect the property?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

wowey wrote: »
    Hi, do you have experience in renting out granny flat? Did you ever come accross any problems, did anyone come to inspect the property?

Most Granny flats, when granted Planning Permission come with a condition stating that they cant be separated by lease and must be occupied by an immediate member of the family.

Have you checked your Planning to see if this is a condition?
    Have you got planning in place or is this a stand alone structure.

The more info available, the better the responses will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wowey

kceire wrote: »
    Most Granny flats, when granted Planning Permission come with a condition stating that they cant be separated by lease and must be occupied by an immediate member of the family.

Have you checked your Planning to see if this is a condition?
    Have you got planning in place or is this a stand alone structure.

The more info available, the better the responses will be.

Of course these conditions are in my Planning - that's why I'm asking cause I heard that in reality it is never an issue and nobody really verifies/ controls these.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

wowey wrote: »
    Of course these conditions are in my Planning - that's why I'm asking cause I heard that in reality it is never an issue and nobody really verifies/ controls these.

Mod Note

In which case, thread closed. Please do not start any similar threads asking about ignoring planning laws.

OP please read the forum charter before posting again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement