Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Sigma experience in the work place

Options
  • 15-03-2019 5:51pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone use this much?

Studying for a green belt at the moment, mainly as a CV filler.

It does seem something that could be pretty useful but when I think to some of the companies I've worked for it just would have been done half assed due to getting the difficulty in getting people to "buy in". This is a reflection on the company and not the six sigma process though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I've never seen it implemented well. Either the metric you're trying to control within 6sigma is badly chosen, or there hasn't been a Lean (waste reduction) process performed first to trim any fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

I have used it in a couple of workplaces for a lot of CI, used process mapping the 5 s principles and JIT inventory control it is a great tool for management of waste and any fat that you would have in an organisation.

Advertisement