Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artificial grass

Options
  • 07-09-2018 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,685 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of putting down artificial grass in the back garden as the soil isn't great and I can see it being waterlogged for 5 months of the year and a mud field for the other 7. It's a small garden around around 50 Square metres.

Has anyone used artificial grass or has any recommendation?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

I had my back garden done in March this year, after the snow cleared.
    I had been living with a muddy, compacted, very patchy and miserable lawn for 3 years thanks to my 3 dogs using it as a racetrack. The winter was a nightmare as rain just pooled and never drained, rendering it a mud bath.

I haven't regretted it for one minute. 3 months ago, I also got the front lawn done and it looks amazing. The neighbours were joking that I was the only one in the neighbourhood that had green grass this summer!

The total area done between front and back was 71 sq metres. Sanctuary Synthetics did the job from start to finish and I can't recommend them highly enough. No connection, just a happy customer.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

jomalone14 wrote: »
    I had my back garden done in March this year, after the snow cleared.
    I had been living with a muddy, compacted, very patchy and miserable lawn for 3 years thanks to my 3 dogs using it as a racetrack. The winter was a nightmare as rain just pooled and never drained, rendering it a mud bath.

I haven't regretted it for one minute. 3 months ago, I also got the front lawn done and it looks amazing. The neighbours were joking that I was the only one in the neighbourhood that had green grass this summer!

The total area done between front and back was 71 sq metres. Sanctuary Synthetics did the job from start to finish and I can't recommend them highly enough. No connection, just a happy customer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information, glad you're happy. Mind me asking how much it cost?

Thanks for the information, glad you're happy. Mind me asking how much it cost?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

PM sent

Could you send me the details too, thinking about getting the front done.

Cheers!

Also me! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,685 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Same please. Thanks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

same please - interested in getting

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Could you send me the details too, thinking about getting the front done.

Cheers!

Done

Same please. Thanks.

Done

jtown wrote: »
    same please - interested in getting

Done

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Also me! Thanks

Donal, for some strange reason, Boards don't recognise your username when I try to send you a pm.....could be my MacBook either. Send me a PM if you like and I'll respond to that

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

Have you any pictures of the work?

jtown wrote: »
    Have you any pictures of the work?

I have lots but haven't a clue how to post them on here. PM an email address to me if you like and I'll gladly send you some.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fingal Raven1

Hi

I would take a pm too please

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Have had artificial down out the back for three years now.

Still looks as good as the day we put it down. Worth every penny and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Sorry for late response... very interested. Could you ping on details and photos also please. Prob comparable size also. Appreciate it :)

kennM wrote: »
    Sorry for late response... very interested. Could you ping on details and photos also please. Prob comparable size also. Appreciate it :)

No problem. Can you PM me an email address and I'll send pics/details on to you? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Time2GetFit

No problem. Can you PM me an email address and I'll send pics/details on to you? Thanks

Hi-any chance of details and photos of the work please? Currently trying to look at suppliers and Sanctuary Synthetics is one we are looking at.

many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Would also appreciate a pm on cost & some photos.

They should be paying you a commission at this point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Can you post the cost of it on the thread, why is it a secret?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I'd love to get an idea on cost for this too!

I'd love to get an idea on cost for this too!

Seems it's top secret. Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭standardg60

In fairness I wouldn't expect anyone to post their private business on here.

The highest quality grass costs circa 33euro per sq. Mtr, but every installation cost is going to be different depending on what's required.

Just get some quotes, there are plenty of landscapers who install artificial grass too so you don't have to go directly to a supplier.

In fairness I wouldn't expect anyone to post their private business on here.

The highest quality grass costs circa 33euro per sq. Mtr, but every installation cost is going to be different depending on what's required.

Just get some quotes, there are plenty of landscapers who install artificial grass too so you don't have to go directly to a supplier.

Thanks! That's exactly why I won't post prices/my private business on here. Every job is different so what I would post would not be directly relevant to anyone.
    However, I'm more than happy to email pics and info of my particular job on to anyone that would like to PM me.

Thanks! That's exactly why I won't post prices/my private business on here. Every job is different so what I would post would not be directly relevant to anyone.

But you Pm it to any stranger that asks :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’m actually looking at sanctuary synthetics at the moment did they do any other work at the time? I need a small patio laid as part of the job and it would be handy to use one crowd.

But you Pm it to any stranger that asks :/

And that is my prerogative to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,685 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's easy to get a quote for any job from these companies. Figure out what area you require and contact them.

Every job is different, some will just want the artificial grass, others will want it installed and others will want other ground works included which makes the price largely irrelevant.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

salmocab wrote: »
    I’m actually looking at sanctuary synthetics at the moment did they do any other work at the time? I need a small patio laid as part of the job and it would be handy to use one crowd.

Yes, they did raised beds for me surrounded by stone walls around the perimeter of the back garden. I would imagine they would do a patio for you but you'd have to ask them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭raxy

I would recommend getting a detailed written quote first outlining exactly what work they are going to do & watch to make sure they do it.
    I had to threaten legal action after the con job they did on my garden

Advertisement