Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling house

Options
  • 30-05-2018 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭

All,

Never sold a house before. What should I expect in terms of estate agents fees etc? Anything else I need to think about?

Apologies if wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

I used an online estate agent.
    Fraction of the price (800 at the time, 2015/2016) than the usual guys were charging (between 1.5% and 2% = about 4/5k in my case) and achieved 5k more than an almost identical property around the corner.
    Can pm you the name of them if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭bilbot79

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Fraction of the price (800 at the time, 2015/2016) than the usual guys were charging (between 1.5% and 2% = about 4/5k in my case) and achieved 5k more than an almost identical property around the corner.

That would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

1.5% seems to be the going rate.

Google "private sales".

Im going down this route myself in the next while. Would love to not have to pay as estate agent such money for what is an easy market at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You'll have solicitor fees too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paulinhio

jmBuildExt wrote: »

Hi,

Any chance you could PM me your recommendation?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

me too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Cat_M

Dane29 wrote: »
    me too please!

And me too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,117 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You will need to make sure that any add on building is covered by planning (get retention as needed or cert of exemption. I just sold a house through agent he handled a bidding 'war' and I sold within 48 hours and 15k over asking price.

Declutter and present your house. Don't spend extra money on it but put stuff in storage if necessary.

Advertisement