Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rowan Croft the gran torino

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hint of jealousy lads haha

They couldnt afford me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

They couldnt afford me.

Haha were not that well paid

Haha were not that well paid

Exactly.

Exactly.

Just stumble onto boards this morning think I had a handful of posts before today pity turned into slaggin match anyway have a good onelads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just stumble onto boards this morning think I had a handful of posts before today pity turned into slaggin match anyway have a good onelads

If by slagging match, you mean your opinions not blindly followed, sure thing Rowan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Living in Oz you've got used to casual racism and xenophobia, I saw it everyday when I lived there, Ireland isn't like that (yet, sadly it seems to be coming).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Boggles wrote: »
    You mean your elderly mothers garden? ;)
    or is he fixing a van? Hmmmmmmm........

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hang on, is that Black and Tan Torino himself? Amazed to see he can take time out his busy schedule of praying aggressively against the Twitter building with crazy Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,137 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Hang on, is that Black and Tan Torino himself? Amazed to see he can take time out his busy schedule of praying aggressively against the Twitter building with crazy Gemma.

Now and again they like to take time to themselves, relax and count the chemtrails, and consider who are the lizard people infiltrating rural ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What's your stance on Diageo painting the Guinness gates rainbow coloured?

What's your stance on Diageo painting the Guinness gates rainbow coloured?

Don't care their gates, the office where I work has the gay flag flying havnt even heard anyone even comment on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Don't care their gates, the office where I work has the gay flag flying havnt even heard anyone even comment on it.

What's your stance on over 12.2% of the population being foreign born?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Try me

Nah. Work out your own drivel and lies.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Nah. Work out your own drivel and lies.
    No doubt your an authority on it.!!

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What's your stance on over 12.2% of the population being foreign born?

At this moment in time it's enough and I think it's more like 15%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

At this moment in time it's enough and I think it's more like 15%

And your point is what exactly?

pinkyeye wrote: »
    And your point is what exactly?

Exactly what I said, we are pushing on for 20% there sre all sorts of problems with integration ,services etc.

What's your take when do you think we have enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

I don't know where to start about my disalusionment with how our country is been run

Well I could understand if you had a gripe with our education system.

Disalusionment in so many ways but especially in relation to the housing and immigration levels. Why in 2040 do we need a population of almost 9m on island of Ireland. Where is this population growth coming from it's not suddenly an explosion in the birth rate of Irish citizens having children.
    The goverment community immigration scheme where family's are relocated around Ireland and the state receives 75% funding off the EU last for 27mths then the Irish tax payer has to fund it. Out of 140 Syrian immigrants in lismore in Waterford after a two year period almost all are claiming the dole many do not try and learn English and integrate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Exactly what I said, we are pushing on for 20% there sre all sorts of problems with integration ,services etc.

What's your take when do you think we have enough?
    Funny how the Dail doesn’t have 15% of their " Workforce “ as Immigrants . Why is it one rule for them and another rule for everyone else .;)

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/riwLp0yv1Qk

Check the above interview with Herman Kelly of Irexit party now a political party in the republic. I don't agree with everything he says but he will be totally ignored by main stream media this in my opinion is not concolsuive to a healthy democratic political process

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Check the above interview with Herman Kelly of Irexit party now a political party in the republic. I don't agree with everything he says but he will be totally ignored by main stream media this in my opinion is not concolsuive to a healthy democratic political process

Hi thats over an hour long could you give us some bullet points of what he is saying?

Yeah, why do you lads always think it's fine to dump a link to a youtube video as your "evidence"?

It's 65 minutes long, and you expect people to waste an hour of their sunday watching that?

Why don't you tell us what's so good about the video and tell us the time frames (minutes and seconds) that you feel are the important parts.

Yeah, why do you lads always think it's fine to dump a link to a youtube video as your "evidence"?

It's 65 minutes long, and you expect people to waste an hour of their sunday watching that?

Why don't you tell us what's so good about the video and tell us the time frames (minutes and seconds) that you feel are the important parts.

Valid point I will put some up later

but he will be totally ignored by main stream media

Herman Kelly lol.

And him and the rest of the malcontents/wingnuts/gob****es in IRexit party do get coverage in MSM.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/puzzle-of-fake-candidate-standing-for-irexit-party-jggt6n7rl

this in my opinion is not concolsuive to a healthy democratic political process

The fact that party is ignored at the ballot box would indicate the opposite...

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

Disalusionment in so many ways

Oh ffs, it’s disillusionment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭circadian

20Cent wrote: »
    Hi thats over an hour long could you give us some bullet points of what he is saying?

It's Hermann Kelly so it'll be something along the lines of "EU robbing us, dey took our jerbs" but with absolutely no cohesion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Why is the Dail so Racist / Bigoted against Immigrants . They wouldn’t have an Immigrant about the Place !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Oh ffs, it’s disillusionment.

Who cares for the elecution. Some fairy talking twat on RTE radio thats more concerned about coming off nice, that’s who. Shoot straight and speak the truth

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Who cares for the elocution. Some fairy talking twat on RTE radio thats more concerned about coming off nice, that’s who. Shoot straight and speak the truth
    FYP;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

FYP;)

Sorry I confused it with election. Seems to be part and parcel

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Who cares for the elecution. Some fairy talking twat on RTE radio thats more concerned about coming off nice, that’s who. Shoot straight and speak the truth

Is that like a horse whisperer for fairys?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

Augme wrote: »
    Spends 6 years in Australia and then has a whinge about people coming to Ireland. You couldn't make it up.
    Someone who just spent 6 years in a different country giving out about immigration.

We have hit peak stupidity.

Peak stupidity if you can't understand the differences, perhaps.

I spent 18 months over there myself. The migration system is completely different to that here.

Take, for example, job adverts. t's common place in Ireland to see jobs in, say, warehouses, advertised for 10 quid per hour, with joke rates offered for nights and weekends.

In Australia the minimum wage was, from memory, 17 dollars an hour, but these sort of jobs would typically pay somewhere around 25 plus dollars an hour.

Reason?

Only permanent residents could apply. It excludes working holiday visa holders, student visa holders, illegal immigrants, and the fact the only place Australia has a largely open door migrant policy with is NZ (population 5 million IIRC) rather than hundreds of millions within the EU as we have. If they offered 17 dollars an hour nobody would apply for the jobs. 17 dollars is for teenagers and nobody else.

Reason an Irish warehouse can advertise jobs at 10 quid per hour, and fill them?

Because we have an open door for people who will work such ****e rates.

Also, what percentage of Irish people in Australia do you think are long term welfare dependent, compared to how many non nationals in Ireland have either never worked, worked sporadically or worked at some stage and qualified for benefits and never got back in the swing of things. Living in council or subsidised housing to boot.

An Irishman who lived in Australia is perfectly entitled to pass comment, seeing as he lived in a country that has a migration policy that puts the natives first.

Nobody is calling for no immigrants, just a controlled number in keeping with pressure on housing, and restrictions on how and when they can access welfare. There should never ever be an instance where the presence of a migrant has been, at the end of their life or their residence, a net cost to the Irish taxpayer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

ClintPower wrote: »

I spent 18 months over there myself. The migration system is completely different to that here.

Take, for example, job adverts. t's common place in Ireland to see jobs in, say, warehouses, advertised for 10 quid per hour, with joke rates offered for nights and weekends.

In Australia the minimum wage was, from memory, 17 dollars an hour, but these sort of jobs would typically pay somewhere around 25 plus dollars an hour.

Reason?

Only permanent residents could apply. It excludes working holiday visa holders, student visa holders, illegal immigrants, and the fact the only place Australia has a largely open door migrant policy with is NZ (population 5 million IIRC) rather than hundreds of millions within the EU as we have. If they offered 17 dollars an hour nobody would apply for the jobs. 17 dollars is for teenagers and nobody else.

Reason an Irish warehouse can advertise jobs at 10 quid per hour, and fill them?

Also, what percentage of Irish people in Australia do you think are long term welfare dependent, compared to how many non nationals in Ireland have either never worked, worked sporadically or worked at some stage and qualified for benefits and never got back in the swing of things. Living in council or subsidised housing to boot.

An Irishman who lived in Australia is perfectly entitled to pass comment, seeing as he lived in a country that has a migration policy that puts the natives first.

I know how many Irish people living in Australia are welfare dependent .

Zero. They are not entitled to it. It's either work, pay rent and survive OR go home.

Australian immigration is set up to fill skill shortages and roles in demand . People can go on a one year working holiday visa also which can be extended by another year by doing 90 days of rural work

In Ireland it's come on in. You can have welfare and go on a housing list. The working Irish and working foreigners will pay for it with tax.

This country is a welfare state

Zero. They are not entitled to it. It's either work, pay rent and survive OR go home.

Australian immigration is set up to fill skill shortages and roles in demand . People can go on a one year working holiday visa also which can be extended by another year by doing 90 days of rural work

In Ireland it's come on in. You can have welfare and go on a housing list. The working Irish and working foreigners will pay for it with tax.

Client power and Blueshoe wait for it.!!!!!

There is the odd exception. Melbourne is suffering serious issues with Sudanese program refugees. The mental gymnastics of the Australian left are something else in trying to explain or willfully ignore their rates of welfare dependence and involvement in street crime (aggravated burglary and robbery from the person for the most part). I saw the stats some time ago, the percentage of Sudanese arrests compared to the actual small number of Sudanese teen to young adult males resident in Melbourne is just something else. I mean, whatever about the gangs from Balbriggan or Blanch getting a high profile, I've not seen any evidence that black kids here are significantly more involved in crime than whites, they might even be less involved. But what's happening in Melbourne is nuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Every far right video is over 2 hours...loons

Every far right video is over 2 hours...loons

One lad posted links before to videos and said we should watch them as it would prove his point (cant remember the poster or thread off the top of my head), i think the total running time was just over 48 hours to watch them all, one was SIX hours long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,580 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Reason?

Nobody is calling for no immigrants, just a controlled number in keeping with pressure on housing, and restrictions on how and when they can access welfare. There should never ever be an instance where the presence of a migrant has been, at the end of their life or their residence, a net cost to the Irish taxpayer.

Racist Economics 101.

Kick out foreigners and double the minimum wage.

Bloody genius!

Have you paypal? I would love to make a donation.

• Advertisement

It sickning how we are just handing out passports Ireland is a small unique country,its culture and people are been eroded and displaced by economic migrants we have a duty to Irish citizens first

It sickning how we are just handing out passports Ireland is a small unique country,its culture and people are been eroded and displaced by economic migrants we have a duty to Irish citizens first

I hear this a lot, please explain how this is happening? What part of irish culture has been "eroded" in the last few years?

Certainly in that CH4 video I saw "economic migrants" children learning irish culture in school.

Racist Economics 101.

Kick out foreigners and double the minimum wage.

Bloody genius!

Have you paypal? I would love to make a donation.

I'll break it down again for those at the back.

Australian employers are unable to offer full time jobs at barely minimum wage as Australia is

a- a full employment economy, where all on the dole in urban areas are wasters, meaning nobody Australian would apply for the job as nobody is desperate enough for it

and,

b- a highly controlled migration policy that keeps out people who will work for a rate that undercuts the true value of the work.

It's quite simple, if we didn't have an open border with the EU warehouse operators would not be able to continue to operate by offering such poor money, as nobody would apply for the job. They may have offered similarly poor rates in the 90's, but back then we had higher real unemployment so natives were desperate enough to work for it.

Your kick out the foreigners remark, while hyperbolic, is interesting nonetheless. The money we could save with a retrospective audit, whereby we boot out non nationals with a poor work history, would save a fair whack in welfare and would free up plenty of social/ HAP housing for redistribution.

But of course you Ruth and Paul think some Nigerian who has been voluntarily unemployed for 15 years is part of what makes Ireland great.

I hear this a lot, please explain how this is happening? What part of irish culture has been "eroded" in the last few years?

Glenroe is gone.

Glenroe is gone.

And what a loss that was :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Don't expect an answer to that one. As much as they'll deny it, their preoccupation is with skin colour, not culture.

Don't expect an answer to that one. As much as they'll deny it, their preoccupation is with skin colour, not culture.

Must be because most muslims don't drink alcohol, that's the only irish "culture" that i can think of that would be eroded by them.

I'll break it down again for those at the back.

Australian employers are unable to offer full time jobs at barely minimum wage as Australia is

a- a full employment economy, where all on the dole in urban areas are wasters, meaning nobody Australian would apply for the job as nobody is desperate enough for it

and,

b- a highly controlled migration policy that keeps out people who will work for a rate that undercuts the true value of the work.

It's quite simple, if we didn't have an open border with the EU warehouse operators would not be able to continue to operate by offering such poor money, as nobody would apply for the job. They may have offered similarly poor rates in the 90's, but back then we had higher real unemployment so natives were desperate enough to work for it.

Your kick out the foreigners remark, while hyperbolic, is interesting nonetheless. The money we could save with a retrospective audit, whereby we boot out non nationals with a poor work history, would save a fair whack in welfare and would free up plenty of social/ HAP housing for redistribution.

But of course you Ruth and Paul think some Nigerian who has been voluntarily unemployed for 15 years is part of what makes Ireland great.

You've costed all this nonsense of course?

Show your works son.

Start with what effect doubling the minimum wage would have on our economy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Stop. Stop making up lies about this.

Immigrants do not just come in here and go on welfare and housing lists. They have to satisfy habitual residency. This generally means they have to be living here 2 years before they can access social welfare.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/BriefingBook45p/WelfareCost
    the Australian Government estimates that it will spend around $158.6 billion on social security and welfare, and around $191.8 billion in 2019–20

• Advertisement
Advertisement