Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Door lock cover

Options
  • 15-06-2019 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭

On my car, the plastic covering that covers the driver's lock is loose.
    Each time I open the external handle, it hits off the lock cover and I have to push it back into place.
    Is there an adhesive or something I can use to secure it or anybody got any ideas?
    Thank you.

To thine own self be true

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What car is it? This is the trim that covers the keyhole?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Your pm inbox is full according to the automated message I'm getting but thanks a million for your help.
    I'm assuming it's OK to source this online and not have to go to the dealership?
    One of the tiny tabs is broken.
    I assume I get get the colour code and order the product with that code.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’m not sure if they do them already painted, it’d be worth checking with a dealer, that part is used on a load of models so I’d imagine it’s really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you tell us what car its for someone might help you find it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

biko wrote: »
    If you tell us what car its for someone might help you find it
    Thanks. The previous poster got me the code and sent me the link via pm exchanges.
    Thank you both.

• Advertisement
Advertisement