Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should speeders lose their driving licence?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

The main thing is inappropriate speeds. You've people who drive way too fast for bad roads with hazards and then you've also got people who drive way too slow and cause obstructions / hazards with people overtaking them.

I don't mean people driving at or even slightly be low the limit. I mean the types who drive along at 60 in a 100 zone with absolutely no hazards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Crock Rock wrote: »
    I discussed this before but the discussion fell by the wayside.

On my commute to work I always drive at the speed limit on the button (as confirmed by my car's speedo and a built in GPS speedometer).
    I am ALWAYS overtaken, despite driving at the speed limit.

If a person is driving at the speed limit then there is not need to overtake, bar an emergency.

Slow down, take it easy and arrive alive.
    You are creating a danger and you are a menace.

Get off the road and stop driving. You are a dangerous person.

You'll get very little agreement here. Speeding is glorified and allowed to be glorified.

Your second post is absolute tripe. If you do that you should be off the road.

_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Crock Rock

The main thing is inappropriate speeds. You've people who drive way too fast for bad roads with hazards and then you've also got people who drive way too slow and cause obstructions / hazards with people overtaking them.

I don't mean people driving at or even slightly be low the limit. I mean the types who drive along at 60 in a 100 zone with absolutely no hazards.

I do neither of these, if you bother reading my post.

Why should I be overtken when I am driving at the speed limit.

Slow down or you'll die from an accident caused by speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I have recently started hugging the line in the middle of the road to pervent scummy speeders overtaking.

On dual carriageways, I will drive at the speed limit in the right lane and indicate left to force people to slow down. If anyone goes to undertake, I'll swerve left to stop the.

Speed kills.

I am doing my bit to save lives.

Slow down everyone.

No your an arsehole on the road. Look after your own lot and don't put other road users under pressure.

Your not saving anyone's life your doing the opposite..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,155 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Christ, not another one of these type threads from the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Traveled and lived throughout the world and Irish drivers are among some of the best iv'e encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I have recently started hugging the line in the middle of the road to pervent scummy speeders overtaking.

On dual carriageways, I will drive at the speed limit in the right lane and indicate left to force people to slow down. If anyone goes to undertake, I'll swerve left to stop the.

Speed kills.

Slow down everyone.

You got greedy with this post. Trolling 101 stresses the importance of drip feeding the bullsh#t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I do the same, except I drive at least 20km/h below the speed limit (it's a limit, not a target).

mikemac2 wrote: »
    For speeding and angry flipping the finger Ireland is tame and well mannered OP

Try small and pretty Luxembourg.

Drink driving is rife too

In Luxembourg? Really?
    Do you live there or have you driven there much?

Is drink driving and speeding an issue there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Tzardine wrote: »
    I drive at the speed limit. I never consciously go over it.

But i dont give a monkeys about those that do speed. I would not consider them to be a menace as you say. (Not talking about dangerous drivers, just those that drive over the speed limit)

I just stay out of their way and leave them to it.

Why do you drive at the speed limit , I drive 10 km below it , so my horse is clearly higher than yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

I do the same, except I drive at least 20km/h below the speed limit (it's a limit, not a target).

Oh FFS :rolleyes:

Even on way way to work which takes me on an 80 km/h road (M1 southbound) after the airport slip road, lorries and buses (coach style) continue to plough along at 90 km/h and 100 km/h respectively (they are mechanically limited to these speeds).

I am considering recording one of these buses with mydashcam (a well known company) and emailing the footage to HR or the fleet manager and asking "Which is more important to your company, getting there in a hurry or the safety of passengers?". They will obviously answer with the latter and I will respond "Oh really??, so why are your drivers always speeding?".

I will clearly show the reg and time stamp. Hopefully if the driver is reported enough times they'll be severely reprimanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

So your admitting to careless driving ? Or possibly dangerous driving ?

Smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ciaranis

Crock Rock wrote:

Crock Rock wrote:

Crock Rock wrote:

Crock Rock wrote:
    Speed kills.

Crock Rock wrote:

Crock Rock wrote:
    Slow down everyone.

You're part of the problem.

Ciaranis wrote: »
    You're part of the problem.

I wouldn't have to do that if people slowed down
    Speed kills

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

But, but, I have the skillz and can handle it. Its those high horse lane hoggers and non skillz people that are the issue.

But, but, I have the skillz and can handle it. Its those lane hoggers and non skillz people that are the issue.

All it takes is a sneeze and high speed and it's good night Vienna.

A sister without a brother, a mother without a daughter and friend with his mate gone.

Speed kills. So slow down.

Even on way way to work which takes me on an 80 km/h road (M1 southbound) after the airport slip road, lorries and buses (coach style) continue to plough along at 90 km/h and 100 km/h respectively (they are mechanically limited to these speeds).

I am considering recording one of these buses with mydashcam (a well known company) and emailing the footage to HR or the fleet manager and asking "Which is more important to your company, getting there in a hurry or the safety of passengers?". They will obviously answer with the latter and I will respond "Oh really??, so why are your drivers always speeding?".

I will clearly show the reg and time stamp. Hopefully if the driver is reported enough times they'll be severely reprimanded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Lackadaisical

In Luxembourg? Really?
    Do you live there or have you driven there much?

Is drink driving and speeding an issue there?

If you drive too fast in Luxembourg you usually end up in a neighboring country though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I discussed this before but the discussion fell by the wayside.

On my commute to work I always drive at the speed limit on the button (as confirmed by my car's speedo and a built in GPS speedometer).
    I am ALWAYS overtaken, despite driving at the speed limit.

If a person is driving at the speed limit then there is not need to overtake, bar an emergency.

Slow down, take it easy and arrive alive.
    You are creating a danger and you are a menace.

Get off the road and stop driving. You are a dangerous person.

What a self righteous load of twaddle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

As soon as you breach the limit, you will receive a fine equal to a month's net wages.

I LOL'd

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thank you for not speeding

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement