Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axa insurance dash cam

Options
  • 10-06-2019 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

Just renewed my insurance (1000)+ axa had no reminders in renewal letter that give 10% off if you have a nextbase dashcam
    Just putting it out there as it might be useful to people

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

is there any small print on what happens if the dash cam breaks or dosnt work and an accident occurs?

shanec1928 wrote: »
    is there any small print on what happens if the dash cam breaks or dosnt work and an accident occurs?

10% of a cam not off the policy price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

There should be a discount for using any dash cam, those Nextbase ones aren't fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whocare

10% of a cam not off the policy price

No off the policy 10% just Google it again.

You need tell them before you pay renewal so I lost out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Whocare wrote: »
    No off the policy 10% just Google it again.

You're right, I found the offer before signing up with them. No questions asked, 10% off the policy price, has to be nextbase

cefh17 wrote: »
    You're right, I found the offer before signing up with them. No questions asked, 10% off the policy price, has to be nextbase

I know the worst thing about it I have a nextbase dash cam but only found out about it today and renewed my insurance last week lost out of over €100

• Registered Users Posts: 25,354 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This must be very recent. I got my Axa renewal in early April. Got some quotes off the web from the competition, they were all in the same ballpark. Phoned Axa, bluffed that I had lower quotes so they reduced the quote but only to lastyear's premium. So I waited for us to go through the rigmarole where you get put on hold while he goes to 'talk to my supervisor' but this didn't happen. He said he could not quote me less than last year's premium.

So as a last resort, I visited their local office and met a very friendly guy who walked me through a load of options that might give me a discount but there was no mention of a dashcam. He still managed to give me a discount because I was a member of a credit union so I got €30 off the 'best' quote they had given me previously. The bus trip there and back took 45 minutes and cost me €3.50 - time well spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

coylemj wrote: »
    This must be very recent. I got my Axa renewal in early April. Got some quotes off the web from the competition, they were all in the same ballpark. Phoned Axa, bluffed that I had lower quotes so they reduced the quote but only to lastyear's premium. So I waited for us to go through the rigmarole where you get put on hold while he goes to 'talk to my supervisor' but this didn't happen. He said he could not quote me less than last year's premium.

So as a last resort, I visited their local office and met a very friendly guy who walked me through a load of options that might give me a discount but there was no mention of a dashcam. He still managed to give me a discount because I was a member of a credit union so I got €30 off the 'best' quote they had given me previously. The bus trip there and back took 45 minutes and cost me €3.50 - time well spent!

I had mine done in 1st week February

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Whocare wrote: »
    I know the worst thing about it I have a nextbase dash cam but only found out about it today and renewed my insurance last week lost out of over €100

You can claim it back - go back to them.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
Advertisement