Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Network Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Pentecost wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Watching the Becky doc

Where was that street in Dublin at the start ??? Was it on the way from Guinness factory too Vicar Street

Was it where somebody passing by on the street recognised her and shouted out to her? I thought that might have been Rathmines at the time of watching but I could be wrong.
    Yeah someone did. I had no clue where in Dublin it was she was walking.

oneilla wrote: »
    Watching the Becky doc

Where was that street in Dublin at the start ??? Was it on the way from Guinness factory too Vicar Street

Rathmines, you can see the old townhouse clocktower in the background (where Rathmines College is now).
    Rathmines ? Isn’t she from Baldoyle in Dublin ? Is baldoyle north or south Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

The bit at the start where Becky says "We're in Dublin, my old stomping ground" was shot in Rathmines.

dDa6Igu.jpg

8UQN4sS.jpg

https://maps.app.goo.gl/h67BUeTdm2mC3stC8

Eta: there's a DIT campus there that teaches drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

back in ireland after a few years and just wondering how do ye watch the network? i cant find an app in the microsoft store so do you just watch through the wwe website? in canada you could only watch through tv provider and the content was ****e. i read somewhere you cant watch it on apple tv anymore either, is that the case? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TimesArrow wrote: »
    back in ireland after a few years and just wondering how do ye watch the network? i cant find an app in the microsoft store so do you just watch through the wwe website? in canada you could only watch through tv provider and the content was ****e. i read somewhere you cant watch it on apple tv anymore either, is that the case? cheers

i watch it on my ps4 havent had problems with it for long time never worked on my LG smart tv though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

sky88 wrote: »
    i watch it on my ps4 havent had problems with it for long time never worked on my LG smart tv though

thanks.

just following on from my last post, at the moment i am unable to access/sign up to the network. hoping someone can help with this. i enter my details and every time i get "We're sorry. There was an error processing your request. We encountered a problem processing your order." i have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. plenty of money on the card so that isnt the issue. trying to do it on google chrome on my laptop. any advice is welcome as its doing my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

TimesArrow wrote: »
    thanks.

just following on from my last post, at the moment i am unable to access/sign up to the network. hoping someone can help with this. i enter my details and every time i get "We're sorry. There was an error processing your request. We encountered a problem processing your order." i have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. plenty of money on the card so that isnt the issue. trying to do it on google chrome on my laptop. any advice is welcome as its doing my head in.

Use firefox it does not seem to like Chrome. Also you may need to sign up under a different email as it may have tied you account to Canada and you are not going through the tv provider here for it

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alexa comes off fantastically well on her 365.

Alexa comes off fantastically well on her 365.

I agree she comes across as very likeable and genuine.

edit: Also, don't let ronda give you a side headlock takedown.

Right so, got stung for the full month so want to make use of it. :P Watched the rise and fall of WCW last night. Is there much else in the way of documentaries on it people would recommend? Not really bothered about the current stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Right so, got stung for the full month so want to make use of it. :P Watched the rise and fall of WCW last night. Is there much else in the way of documentaries on it people would recommend? Not really bothered about the current stuff.

Shawn vs Bret Rivalry. Rise and fall of ECW. Attitude Era. Also the entire Monday Night Wars series

Got an email from WWe there saying that an Update to the Network is imminent.

Much improved UI, better search tools, overall better features etc. Looks great

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Price increase ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Price increase ?

No mention of any change in cost

Price increase ?

No mention of any change in cost
    Okay. Gerry I looked and I've seen your post about an email. I've seen one tweet to a link that doesn't exactly explain what will be new, and another thread on another wrestling forum about it rolling out by weeks end. My point is the people who got the info aren't plentiful.

But it's great news about something aproaching a search feature.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Okay. Gerry I looked and I've seen your post about an email. I've seen one tweet to a link that doesn't exactly explain what will be new, and another thread on another wrestling forum about it rolling out by weeks end. My point is the people who got the info aren't plentiful.

https://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-just-got-better

There’s the info. It’s just that easy :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Agreed it looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Got the same email. If I recall correctly myself and Gerry are still “US resident” for network purposes so obviously more important than everyone else.

Got the same email. If I recall correctly myself and Gerry are still “US resident” for network purposes so obviously more important than everyone else.

I’m no longer a US resident and I got the mail this evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m no longer a US resident and I got the mail this evening too.

Well aren’t you just billy bubble burster tonight?

;)

• Advertisement

https://www.wwe.com/videos/wwe-network-just-got-better

Video of the new features here.

I'm subscribed to the US service. Wonder is that why there's a descrepency in emails?

Just seeing the other posts now!

I'm still a "US resident" and I didn't. I finally got the watch the video and it does look much cleaner and up to date. The UI now is over five years old and is starting to look a bit dated. I'm just hoping that when you can actually pick up where you leave off when you actually want to and not when the bloody app decides it wants you to be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

With them since day 1 American and Irish versions and got no email bastards

With them since day 1 American and Irish versions and got no email bastards

Have you 2 subs or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have you 2 subs or what?

No 1 sub used an American address at first through a VPN and then the bastards sussed me out and I switched to the Irish version then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

No 1 sub used an American address at first through a VPN and then the bastards sussed me out and I switched to the Irish version then

Apologies if this is a stupid question but is there more/better/different content on the American version?

Simo08 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is a stupid question but is there more/better/different content on the American version?

Nope content is the same on both. US is cheaper tho.

I never have had to use a vpn? I'm still on the American Service since day 1

I've had the American price since day 1 (for $9.99)

Downloaded the update on Xbox, signed in and now it says my next billing date will be the 26th of July but for €12.99. Tried to go onto the website to cancel and because "We are currently updating WWE network and are unable to change your profile information at this time" I can't cancel :P

I'm not complaining, got a few years at $9.99 but just to make others aware. Sly dogs haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I've had the American price since day 1 (for $9.99)

Downloaded the update on Xbox, signed in and now it says my next billing date will be the 26th of July but for €12.99. Tried to go onto the website to cancel and because "We are currently updating WWE network and are unable to change your profile information at this time" I can't cancel :P

I'm not complaining, got a few years at $9.99 but just to make others aware. Sly dogs haha

I think that could be them starting to roll out the tiered pricing!

Advertisement