Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

House 2019

• 02-05-2019 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been to this interior design event before? Any good? Its on 24-26 May in the RDS. Also anyone know where to get free tickets, do the exhibitors tend to have them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

would also love to hear feedback on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Yes, exhibitors usually have them. For example, we are looking at buying a bi-fold door and the suppliers sent us tickets for a recent home exhibition in rds (can't remember the exact name of it, there seem to be home exhibitions on every few months).

If you get the free tickets I definitely think it's worthwhile esp if you are getting work done. We are also getting our garden done and we got a free 15-minute consultation for a design!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks for the info. Yeah if I cant get free tickets I'll still go anyway as Im soon to start a home renovation shortly. I just hate the idea of having to pay into an event to effectively be advertised and sold to so if I can get freebies then happy days.

I did notice from the exhibitors list that there is a hell of a lot of artists, bit of a gallery thing going on for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Probably similar to the recent love your home event at citywest. There were a lot of artists at that too. I got free tickets through facebook for that. I liked it so much that i went on Saturday snd then back on the Sunday too. Would have had no problem paying for a ticket. Must look this one up. Thanks!

Ive had a look there at the exhibitors and while it is art heavy, it looks fab.

Ive spotted some art id love for the house but im half afraid to send an enail to ask price.

• Advertisement

Ive spotted some art id love for the house but im half afraid to send an enail to ask price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I’ve been to Home twice I think. The artists are principally on the jazz anime gallery with small stands so they are more numerous. A fair few kitchen, furniture (handmade and mass produced), window etc companies.

anewme wrote: »

Isnt that always the problem with art. Like you see something you like and figure you'd pay €400 for it. Then you ask the price and its €1,200 :eek:

I wonder do people haggle with artists over the price. I don't think Id feel right doing it but at the same time it is a free market and nothing is written in stone. A piece of art might be worth the asking price to some people but for others it might be worth 15 or 20% less and without a discount on the asking price they won't buy it.

I sent the emai today and the painting was 850, but was too small for where i want it. So I think I will go to house to meet the artist , I really like their work.

I recently bought a picture for that space in EZ living, it was 300 but when I brought it home, after 2 days ive decided to relegate it to the spare bedroom. I think ive just outgrown the mass produced stuff, i must take a trip to Merrion Square one Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SomeDude

Hi All, does anyone know if there are any free tickets going for the event today? Thanks

• Advertisement

I’m just back from it. It was just ok. I paid 15 in. Much preferred the Exhibition in Citywest.

Didnt bother going myself as a mate went yesterday and said there was lots of top of the market (price wise) stuff there. Said it was great if you had an unlimited budget but certainly not for most people.

anewme- what was the name of the exhibition in Citywest?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

Was there Friday. Was so disappointing. Paid 15 euro in and left it again after 40 mins. Never again

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt bother going myself as a mate went yesterday and said there was lots of top of the market (price wise) stuff there. Said it was great if you had an unlimited budget but certainly not for most people.

anewme- what was the name of the exhibition in Citywest?

It was called love your home. There was free tickets on Facebook and I liked it so much that I went Saturday and then went back again Sunday.

I didn’t enjoy this though. It wasn't necessarily high end either. I’m shopping for a couch so I’ve been checking into brands. I’d not consider Diamond Living very high end, more mid range.

I am going to buy a cast iron light for over the front door as I’ve been looking for ages and these were excellent quality and handmade.

Saw some art I liked too...not sure if I’d pay 1600. I’d like to get a happy medium between that price and the likes of Harvey Norman’s /Ez living

anewme wrote: »

Saw some art I liked too...not sure if I’d pay 1600. I’d like to get a happy medium between that price and the likes of Harvey Norman’s /Ez living

Have you tried going to the art market in Merrion Square on Sundays? Been meaning to go myself as I need 2 or 3 pieces. I've no idea what the prices are like there, they probably vary from decent value to WTF

Will look out for that Love Your Home exhibition when it comes back. Anyone know if there are any other interiors shows on this summer?

That is my next plan allright and also the people’s art exhibition that’s in twice a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,999 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Name of artist?

Advertisement