Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM gadget for external signal

Options
  • 03-03-2020 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for a GSM gadget that would send a text message or a call to another phone when an input is triggered by an external signal.
    So far I have found a tiny GSM gadget that should send a call and text message to a specific phone number when its PIR sensor reveals a moving body within the range, but I don't think I'll be able to modify it to work with an external input, nor is it easy to configure, and the Chinese instructions do not help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

is it a Sonoff?

also an RTU 5035 might work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

tech wrote: »
    is it a Sonoff?

also an RTU 5035 might work?

So very sorry for my late and slow reply, but I wasn't notified of your answer back in March and only found it out because I was browsing my followed threads.
    So sorry, again!

Well, no, as far as I have understood, the items you wrote about are systems that send a signal or close a contact when they receive a call from an authorized caller.
    My need was the opposite, to receive a text message or a phone call from a gadget when an input of its is triggered by an external signal/switch.
    I would like to be called/texted when a certain condition occurs and I'm not attending the site.

Thanks for your reply and, again, I do apologise.

Advertisement