Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Lemon

Options
  • 27-08-2002 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Seen a band in Athboy 2 weekends ago called Electric Lemon and they rocked. Played a mix of Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Pixies etc. and they were really really good. Bunch of young lads too.
    If you hear of them playing near you any time soon, go and check them out.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

yeah, they are very good alright. I saw them a few times, once was in Banjo Sherlocks in Navan. But seriously, if you ever get a chance go and see Big Generator. In my opinion they are one of the best live bands in Ireland that aren't incredibly famous for some reason.

homepage: http://www.irishrock.com

Slaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

Seriously??? Big Generator are playing in Athboy (my 'beloved' homeplace) this saturday!!!!! I'll go see 'em then, cheers.

Doesn't mention anything in their gig guide to confirm that they are playing. Any chance you could confirm this and let me know ? wouldn't mind heading to a big g gig.

Slaan

Seen some of their posters on a shop window this morning. I'll have another look again this evening, just to double-check and I'll let you know. Hope it is this weekend, apparently there is some Rock covers band playing on friday too, so it could be a decent weekend. And I'll be paid on thursday too, oh happy dayz!!!!

Checked this morning, Big Generator are playing Dorans on the 8th September, which is a Sunday, from about 8 or 9 onwards. Its part of a Rock Weekend they are having. Also, on the 6th September, the friday, Thin as Lizzy are playing (Lizzy tribute band). Seen them before and they were awesome.

• Advertisement

yeah thin az lizzy are savage, but seriously go and see big generator :)

Slaan.

feck it, I'll go see both of them, I'm on a good live music vibe at the mo. You gonna go to either of them?

Rock-fcuking-tastic, Rock and Metal cover band playing at home tonight, and a finishing up party at work to go to first.
    Ol' Johnny Boy will be getting $hit-faced tonight!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...16 years later, but they are playing in the laurels in clondalkin on September 22nd...

Advertisement