Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achilles Tendonitis

Options
13»

Comments

Hi i really have no idea it was covered by insurance, but I vaguely remember possible figure of 3000 on some paperwork, this was with Dr Stephen kearins in Galway.

Have you tried shockwave? He's had really good outcomes with that, a couple of sessions is all he needed. And he stopped the heel drops and raises and that definitely helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

I stopped the heel drops as well a month or so ago. Could be coincidence that pain stopped after this or maybe it took time for them to work? No idea unfortunately.

The first shockwave treatment made a huge difference also. There was a noticeable reduction in morning pain after it. There didn't seem to be much or any difference after subsequent treatments but again maybe it just needed time after them. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pauloYYC

Many thanks to both of you - I will look into the shockwave treatment for sure, sounds like that is the next step. We are on the base VHI 'covered for feck all' plan, which is another reason why I'm wary to go looking too deep into the surgery.

Advertisement