Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pike fishing in kerry

• 21-03-2021 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there is any pike to be had in Kerry or will I have to head for limerick??

As far as I'm aware there are none but always worth asking the question!!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I've never been but I looked up this place before not to far from north Kerry I was gagging to go but my friend let me down with the lift...

https://m.facebook.com/loughallua/

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭dazza161989

davycc wrote: »
    I've never been but I looked up this place before not to far from north Kerry I was gagging to go but my friend let me down with the lift...

https://m.facebook.com/loughallua/

Is the link right? According to maps this place is not far from macroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭.red.

Is the link right? According to maps this place is not far from macroom?

Yep, it's about 20mins from macroom, near gugane barra.
    Really nice spot. I fished it twice and blanked both times, that says more about me than the lake tho.
    The boats are very good value to rent if you'd fancy that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

.red. wrote: »
    Really nice spot. I fished it twice and blanked both times, that says more about me than the lake tho.

That is the spot I was thinking of

Must give it a crack on the lure rods when this covid sh**é eases up!!

• Advertisement

Even if there are any spots in West limerick worth a cast?

Wouldn't be too far from here (Ballybunion)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I was brought out on a winters day trolling for pike years ago by a friend well into that type of fishing. It's a spectacularly unspoilt spot. Really enjoyable place to fish.

And if we keep saying that we'll make the OP jealous because he thought it was in Kerry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

SeaFields wrote: »
    I was brought out on a winters day trolling for pike years ago by a friend well into that type of fishing. It's a spectacularly unspoilt spot. Really enjoyable place to fish.

And if we keep saying that we'll make the OP jealous because he thought it was in Kerry :D

OK so it wasn't only me wondering why someone was talking about a place in Cork when the op asked about kerry.

Lough leane I'd imagine has some big fish in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭.red.

It's beautiful down there. If I remember correctly the boats were about €35 for the day and another €5 for a fish finder which is great value between 2/3 people. Might have gone up now as that was 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

OK so it wasn't only me wondering why someone was talking about a place in Cork when the op asked about kerry.

I wasn’t aware that any of the Killarney lakes had pike in them?

• Advertisement

No there are no pike in Leane, Trout, Salmon, Char, Shad, Rudd, Perch, Tench, eels but no pike.

Just rubbing salt in the wound......

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gerrymay

Any idea of there are any pike in the mountain lakes in killarney. I'm going hiking tomorrow and will bring a rod if I have any chance of a pike

Nope mostly brownies and the odd perch in the lakes climbing molls gap

Advertisement