Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone successfully complained about the actions of the Council?

Options
  • 16-02-2021 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Everyone gives out about the Council. Has anyone ever formally complained about the Council?

Clearly, there is a problem as I have seen 4 to 5 security guards on duty in the office during Covid and its said they spent tens of thousands on a special security door. Clearly, they have upset a lot of people.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yup, they are very open and receptive to issues, I emailed them about an issue before and they apologized, thanked me for bringing it to their attention, fixed the problem and then emailed me to tell me it was sorted, can't fault them at all. Just make sure you contact the right department and you should be ok https://www.clarecoco.ie/your-council/contact-the-council/

You also get to complain about the councillors every few years by voting for them (or not)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gombeennation

Clareman: You are talking about Clare County Council not some other Council.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clareman: You are talking about Clare County Council not some other Council.

Yup, technically the Ennis Municipal District.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Everyone gives out about the Council. Has anyone ever formally complained about the Council?

Clearly, there is a problem as I have seen 4 to 5 security guards on duty in the office during Covid and its said they spent tens of thousands on a special security door.

This post is a bit of a non sequitur.

You’re asking if anyone has ever complained about the council, and then jump to claiming that having security personnel on the premises is a sign of a problem.

Do you want to complain that they’re employing security guards? Or that they bought an expensive door?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Theres two security guards... same two all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

I have unfortunately had dealings with Clare coco and found them despicable. They dont answer emails refuse to talk move you from dept to dept I even made an official complaint about a senior member . But it was all was waste of time because they just bury you and even local councilors are worse...rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭biddyearley

Unfortunately no accountability there as in most public service jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

What exactly are you complaining about here?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gombeennation

I reported major Water and Air Pollution and was threatened by the Council. They did not investigate the matter. They told me they had not monitored the Polluting Facility ever. I later found out cousins of the people I was reporting worked in the Council.

Are they very corrupt as well as very lazy?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Gombeen, you seem to have an issue with the council. I don't want any more of this conspiracy stuff here. Boards isn't the place for a whispering campaign.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement