Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DCN Takeaways Still Operating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

BKWDR wrote: »
    Is Borza in Kinsealy still open?

It was last week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Kealy's on the airport road will be doing takeaways from Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

"Look Mama No Hands" in Applewood is doing collections now!

The Patisserie in Applewood Village re-opened for collection only yesterday. One of my favourite places for a coffee and some lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Inquitus wrote: »
    The Patisserie in Applewood Village re-opened for collection only yesterday. One of my favourite places for a coffee and some lunch.

Nowhere else has pastry's as good as there..they really are the best I've had anywhere. I'll be back!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nowhere else has pastry's as good as there..they really are the best I've had anywhere. I'll be back!

Hmm must try this. Do they have a facebook page or website?

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmm must try this. Do they have a facebook page or website?

https://www.facebook.com/LaBoulangerieFrancaise/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Their Croque Monsieur is to die for...

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭londonred

Most seem to be open in Swords and Malahide at wekends , collected a Chinese in Malahide for the kids and was disgusted when they were operating a cash only basis had to go to Tesco to get cash first time i used it since March , no Vat receipt either wont be going there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

londonred wrote: »
    Most seem to be open in Swords and Malahide at wekends , collected a Chinese in Malahide for the kids and was disgusted when they were operating a cash only basis had to go to Tesco to get cash first time i used it since March , no Vat receipt either wont be going there again.
    Was it “woseland” by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,952 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fifty 4 Pizzeria and restaurant doing take away. Top class pizzas IMO. Went regularly (sit down) pre Covid 19. We have had several take aways since. You need to phone several hours before collection.

https://fifty4restaurant.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

54 have an app....somehow it is on my phone. You can order through that.It has been reminding me every Wednesday around 5pm lately they do takeaway. (random)

Highly recommend. Their food is great. Also Olive and LA Bakery in Skerries are open again for takeaway. You can ring into Olive for your order if you don't want to queue (although I think they may be closed for a day off today)

Piccolo in Skerries is also still doing a ring in menu for Saturdays. And I got an order from Mud Bakery a few weeks ago, totally worth it for a major treat. Dropped on the door step, excellent service!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

J2 is back. We’ve just had the most freshest sushi :)

Oh that is very good news!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Telly wrote: »
    J2 is back. We’ve just had the most freshest sushi :)
    pinkypinky wrote: »
    Oh that is very good news!

Yes, I love me some J2, their Sushi and Miso soup are great, also their Wok Fried Udon with steak, I have a very weak spot for it. Tonight is family quiz night on Zoom, I think this seals my food option! Thanks Telly and pinkypinky!

Café Tara in Swords are open again - I think they've the best coffee in town. Lovely scones too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I must give them a try. I popped up to La Boulangerie Francaise last week for a couple of coffees with pastries, we really enjoyed them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Café Tara in Swords are open again - I think they've the best coffee in town. Lovely scones too.

Their coffee is lovely alright!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We got a carvery takeaway from The Manor Inn tonight. Mother of God it was enormous! And delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Got the meat platter for 2 from the grill house the other day. Got a dinner and lunch the next day out of it. Top notch as usual. Everyone please order food from them so they survive! It would be a shame to lose them due to Covid.

• Advertisement

tobsey wrote: »
    Got the meat platter for 2 from the grill house the other day. Got a dinner and lunch the next day out of it. Top notch as usual. Everyone please order food from them so they survive! It would be a shame to lose them due to Covid.

Aye my only issue with them is they used to use deliveroo for delivery and that seemed a bit out of their control, so food could turn up lukewarm, they also don't really throw in the same extras you get from dining in with their takeway. Its a cracking restaurant and I will definitely sling them some business, the BYOB is also a great thing for dine in, more restaurants should do it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Sanuk in Rush has opened lately.Delighted.
    We also sampled take away pizza from cafe Italiano in Skerries today, nice surprise.Very tasty and Italian :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

shesty wrote: »
    cafe Italiano in Skerries today

Is that the one in the Malting House? You should try their tiramisu :D:D

I don't actually like Tiramisu🙈But I would be willing to sample their other desserts!

We had takeaway tonight from the new Hot Chix menu at Rubys. It was hands down one of the best takeaways I've ever had, really amazing food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Unfortunately according to their Facebook page they are closing down the business, stating family issues.

Very sad but this is going to be the tip of the iceberg.

I think greedy landlords have a lot to answer for during the pandemic, Cafe Tara should have been offered a discount on their rent/lease by the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

We had takeaway tonight from the new Hot Chix menu at Rubys. It was hands down one of the best takeaways I've ever had, really amazing food.

I would not buy anything from Rubys, never liked the set up, always felt rushed, bums on seats, in and out job. plus I have a source who said they dont treat their staff well, especially non Irish staff.

Mod note: kravmaga regrets that they mistakenly named Ruby's as being unfair to their staff. See post #100

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

kravmaga wrote: »
    I would not buy anything from Rubys, never liked the set up, always felt rushed, bums on seats, in and out job. plus I have a source who said they dont treat their staff well, especially non Irish staff.

I know a few of their staff and they are all there since the start so I would question your sources and suggest you get facts before negatively targeting a local business

I know a few of their staff and they are all there since the start so I would question your sources and suggest you get facts before negatively targeting a local business

I have to agree, it's owned by a local family who also own the Old Schoolhouse. They don't seem to have a high turnover of staff, and the staff come across as very happy and friendly around each other. The atmosphere is great, and we've never felt we were being rushed.

• Advertisement

I have to agree, it's owned by a local family who also own the Old Schoolhouse. They don't seem to have a high turnover of staff, and the staff come across as very happy and friendly around each other. The atmosphere is great, and we've never felt we were being rushed.

Same here, always found the staff lovely there and never felt rushed either

Advertisement