Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks, Fingal County Council.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Thank's to F.C.C for the 1916 commemorative event's in Sword's today,caught a bit of the commemoration,magnificent, proud to be Irish and Fingalian today ,, well done to the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

As part of my varied cycle route, sometimes I use the cycle tunnels at the M1 / R132 interchange. I used all three today, great to see FCC organised for the graffiti to be painted over. Well done, they look so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

dslamjack wrote: »
    Thank's to F.C.C for the 1916 commemorative event's in Sword's today,caught a bit of the commemoration,magnificent, proud to be Irish and Fingalian today ,, well done to the organisers.

More 1916 matieral via Fingal
    Online map
    http://fingalcoco.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=c755a80ce65e41bd93364f003ddb0983&autoplay

Physical version
    http://www.balbriggan.info/new-historical-map-tells-fingals-1916-story/

Great work being done on the roads being resurfaced around Skerries and Baldungan , especially across towards Baldungan Cross,will be great improvement for the road races too.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭McAlban

Yep Great work being done on R129 between Ballyboughal and Oldtown too. Not sure how far they are going towards Oldtown however, and it also needs to be resurfaced as far as Coldwinters too.

• Advertisement

The R129 may have been paid for the resurfacing as part of the ''Eirgrid'' project as the inter connector was cut in to the road across from Blakes Cross to Ballyboughal and Oldtown,and indeed across further to Ashbourne.
    It can be a busy road at times,lovely drive and country views too.

McAlban wrote:
    Yep Great work being done on R129 between Ballyboughal and Oldtown too. Not sure how far they are going towards Oldtown however, and it also needs to be resurfaced as far as Coldwinters too.

Absolutely. See my post earlier about the M1 / R132 interchange tunnels, was out on the bike yesterday, cycled a small portion of this road into Ballyboughal. Passed on my gratitude to the guys working on site as I went by.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

New sign for the Ministers road gone up at the junction with the old N1/r132

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

fair play to them!

They stop our Boxing club (Rush) from buying equipment for the kids by charging a community sports club rates, great bunch of lads they are charging volunteers for helping the community!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

cowzerp wrote: »
    fair play to them!

They stop our Boxing club (Rush) from buying equipment for the kids by charging a community sports club rates, great bunch of lads they are charging volunteers for helping the community!

Mod note: Although you're making a valid point, this would be a subject for a separate thread.

This is the positive thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Flavours of Fingal in Newbridge House this weekend. At the minute the weather looks ok.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Flavours of Fingal in Newbridge House this weekend. At the minute the weather looks ok.

Oooh must see if the OH fancies a trip out :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

It's great to see these beach wheelchairs going out around the country and now that we have one in Skerries I will be sure to bring my son for a dip.http://www.fingal.ie/community-and-leisure/beaches/beachwheelchair/

13710069_10153710739205770_4864124644602389097_n_zps1n8zx1dl.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

How great is that? I'd never even heard of them and I'm sure they'll benefit a lot of people. Hope your son has a great trip to the beach :)

The fireworks display at Swords Festival of Fire last night was first class, a credit to all involved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

The fireworks display at Swords Festival of Fire last night was first class, a credit to all involved :)

It was fantastic. Great weather for it too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have to say the upgraded tennis courts in Malahide castle look very well indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

Congratulations to FCC on winning Local Authority of the Year 2016 at the Chambers Ireland annual awards last night (see website).

Also, FCC won the Heritage and Built Environment award for the Swords Castle Digging project.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Thanks (belated) to FCC for great work they do in keeping the streets of Skerries clean of litter, starting very early in the morning, 7 days a week.

I had previously posted about the graffiti in the R132/ M1 tunnels being painted over. Well, in recent weeks some has reappeared. Thanks again to FCC for painting over only those parts that were affected.

• Advertisement

Estuary recycling centre open until 8pm tonight. I know it's a work day today but well done for keeping the hours going as people try to get on top of all that clutter after the splurge.

Estuary recycling centre open until 8pm tonight. I know it's a work day today but well done for keeping the hours going as people try to get on top of all that clutter after the splurge.

Thanks for that, I've just been there. Can't believe how many batteries we went through.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

A big thanks for putting in all the wheelchair/buggy ramps in the footpaths around Skerries it makes getting around the town so much easier, could do with a few in Balrothery when you get a chance :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The christmas market in swords castle was lovely

Stheno wrote: »
    The christmas market in swords castle was lovely

It really was, I enjoyed it. Santa was inside the chapel. I saw a photo afterwards and it looked magical.

The castle is becoming a real venue these days.

Went down to swords castle about 8pm on the saturday night. Everything was wrapped up an hour early, nothing doing. Heard from someone else that the christmas market was a bit of a disapointment overall. Other than the santa for the kids was this not more of a first year in, must try harder effort?

It was mostly food stalls, and I think it was limited a bit because the ground is so uneven. Otherwise they'd have fit a lot more in. We were there on Sunday afternoon and it was very busy, lots of families and a great atmosphere. There's definitely room for improvement but it seems promising. It's just great to see the work on the castle continuing and it being used for the people of Swords and the north county.

The chapel made a great grotto for Santa :)

1551854.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

My wife got emotional when she walked into the castle with our little lad!

- it was really nice. Market was a bit small and it was tight at the corners with a buggy but a very good start and hopefully a feature for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It was a fair success, by the time we looked at booking tickets to bring the kids to see Santa there it was totally booked out. Ended up going in to the one in Dublin Zoo instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

A great thanks to the staff who fixed the burst water main in Kellys Park Lusk on St Stephens afternoon.

The useless feicers in irish water didn't even know there was a problem, despite Fingal twitter saying it.

Advertisement