Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks, Fingal County Council.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

FCC have a new library management system - local library says that they are not charging for loan reservations any more - the website is still saying that you have to pay.
    You can get alerts by email - but the text reminder to bring back books is not in the new system
    plus I had a few books late and the system seems to have lost the fines! happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭subpar

Thanks for cleaning up all the fallen leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great job done at Barnegeeara, between Skerries and Balbriggan as you approach the railway bridge on the way to Ardgillen. Great visibility now and hopefully they will continue the next 40 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

cbreeze wrote: »
    FCC have a new library management system - local library says that they are not charging for loan reservations any more - the website is still saying that you have to pay.
    You can get alerts by email - but the text reminder to bring back books is not in the new system
    plus I had a few books late and the system seems to have lost the fines! happy days!

UPDATE: you can get a text message!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The Christmas lights are on in Swords and look lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Likewise in Skerries. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

cbreeze wrote: »
    UPDATE: you can get a text message!

No you can not. An email yes. Text message service is not yet reinstated for overdue items.

You can receive a text message if you have reserved an item but not yet for overdues.

An email service is available for overdues. The text message service for overdues may be reinstated in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

The Fingal Litter warden's do a great job,I keep there number in my mobile.
    There are no words worth mentioning to describe the type of low life moron that dumped a TV
    at Grange lodge rd,adjacent to the old graveyard,on the way to Ardgillian last week and household waste further up the road.
    Horse whipping would be too good for these moron's,they don't even have the intelligence to know that ye can bring any old electrical's to any electrical shop or recycling centre for disposal for free.
    Whoever dumped the TV obviously had a car,why not go the kilometre extra and dispose of it properly.Grrrrrrrrr .
    The litter warden's or some decent citizen had it gone before I had a chance to ring them,I would have lifted it myself but am unable too these days due to illness.
    What ever about fly dumpers , Tagger's need exterminating proper,ye can't give em a lick of the cat o nine tail's,the birch is politically inappropriate (god I hate that word now),I'd super glue the sod's hand's shut,so they'd not be able to hold an aerosol can in there brain dead hand's,might give them the time to''find them selves'' and some other positive form of self expression.
    That's the worst of getting older ,ye start mellowing out,we could with judge Frank Martin back on the bench,aye he knew how to sort em.
    Any way I tend to go on a bit ,as ye might notice,but fair play and well done to our on the ball Litter Warden's.

Just a reminder, but as per Khannie's original post...
    "This thread is about pointing out the nice things"

Feel free to start a new thread on things FCC could improve. :)

tHB

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Good work in Balrothery landscaping around heritage centre, also have to say great cycle link from Balrothery to Balbriggan. My eldest goes to Ardgilan school and can cycle all the way there without having to cycle on the road at all.
    Kudos..

• Advertisement

Kudos also for free parking on the 3 Saturdays in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

That wasn't FCC, that was B Ryan TD:D:pac:
    Twitter wrote:
    Brendan Ryan @BrendanRyanTD
    Great that @paulreiddublin has agreed to my request for free parking in Balbriggan, Skerries, Rush, Malahide and Swords on Christmas Eve

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

martinn123 wrote: »

As I said in another thread, he's a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

martinn123 wrote: »
    As I said in another thread, he's a good one :)

Sweet Jesus on a bike. Did he travel back to 2012?

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/park-free-in-five-fingal-towns-28976039.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Where? Every where? Malahide, Swords villages etc etc

Yup. All FCC pay parking spots are free for the next three Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Cula Boola...cheers !

Edit: Massive shout out from me too, to the FCC for all the flowers on the Swords roundabouts. They really do your heart a world of good, on all those cold, wet & miserable February/March days, when you think that the Spring will never arrive.

Have to say the Chrismas light's in Rush look great this year,especially down around the Carly Ann and the anchor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

after teh rain yesterday looks like we,ve finally got the drainage on our road sorted out after a few close calls with heavy rains in the last few years. They put in new drains and more drains over the summer and then yesterday they had 2 council crews and large drain cleaning sucky truck out cleaning up leaves and gunk before the drains blocked

TWITTER wrote:

#Fingal staff car park in #Swords (beside courthouse) will be available to the public on the following Saturdays: 5th, 12th & 19th Dec

I assume it's free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,584 ✭✭✭billyhead

Nice of the council to install new street lights between the Rush/Lusk train station and Rush. Just a pity that they don't work:rolleyes:

billyhead wrote: »
    Nice of the council to install new street lights between the Rush/Lusk train station and Rush. Just a pity that they don't work:rolleyes:

Yes, it's a new system they are trying out.

You put a Euro in a meter opposite the Station, and the lights stay on for 15 minutes to get you home. :D:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Doing a great job around Balrothery at the moment, down by the church and shops....

Fair play to them sorting out 2 blocked drains in my estate, only took 5 years, but they seem to be getting things done at the moment... :)

I have to say the landscaping of the Station Road and Raheny Roundabout's in Lusk look's great,and hopefully no low flying auto nut take's a short cut across them ,thinking there part of the road , well done FCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jwwb

dslamjack wrote: »
    I have to say the landscaping of the Station Road and Raheny Roundabout's in Lusk look's great,and hopefully no low flying auto nut take's a short cut across them ,thinking there part of the road , well done FCC.

I thought it looked like a deliberate thing. Looked like it was for an oversized load that could not get around the roundabout and had to go over it. Couldn't find any reference to this online though.

Just to let ye know, there's a Christmas Tree drop spot near you --
    Please Note : Only Christmas trees will be accepted at the following locations - other green waste, Christmas tree stands, etc will not be accepted.

Balbriggan / Skerries / Rush / Lusk
    Contact Us : Operations Depot
    Telephone (01) 8905321

Bath Road Car Park, Balbriggan
    South Strand Lay-by, Skerries
    Hayestown Open Space, Rush
    Entrance road to Orlynn Pk just before the tennis courts. Lusk
    Swords / Donabate / Portrane
    Telephone (01) 890 5935 or (01) 890 5946

Outlands Parks Depot, Rathbeale Road, Swords
    Estuary Recycling Centre - Normal Opening Hours only - Recycling Centres opening hours
    The Square, Donabate
    The Brook, Portrane
    Santry Demesne Car Park
    Charlestown Open Space, Charlestown
    Malahide / Portmarnock / Baldoyle /Howth
    Telephone (01) 890 5935 or (01) 8905946

Public Car Park, Strand Road, Portmarnock
    Kinsealy Court, Kinsealy
    The Banks Car Park, Malahide
    Seagrange Park, Baldoyle
    Sutton Lawn, Sutton
    Harbour Car Park, Howth

http://www.fingal.ie/news-and-events/christmastreecollectionpoints/

Lights now switched on and working on the road between Rush/Lusk railway station and Rush. They are fantastic really bright and it makes it so much safer for walkers, cyclists and motorists. That was a dangerous stretch of road but these lights make a fantastic difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

LeoB wrote: »
    Lights now switched on and working on the road between Rush/Lusk railway station and Rush. They are fantastic really bright and it makes it so much safer for walkers, cyclists and motorists. That was a dangerous stretch of road but these lights make a fantastic difference.

Are they the new white LED lights? They seem to be going up quite a bit around fingal, they're excellent!

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Are they the new white LED lights? They seem to be going up quite a bit around fingal, they're excellent!

Yes they appear to be. I see Dublin city council are using them also. Far brighter and safer for everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,224 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Credit where it's due. They threw down some gravel, etc, on the trail around Malahide castle. Easier under foot.

Advertisement