Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband

Options
  • 26-03-2021 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Anyone around the naul area having problems with sky broadband the past two days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Im down in Baldoyle and our sky broadband has been crap for the last week, speeds very slow and connection fails at times. Neighbor had the same issues week before. Not sure if its a local issue or Sky in general

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

neris wrote: »
    Im down in Baldoyle and our sky broadband has been crap for the last week, speeds very slow and connection fails at times. Neighbor had the same issues week before. Not sure if its a local issue or Sky in general

Cheers . Yea I think its just with sky I think. All other networks seem fine

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

In Swords, glad to see this thread cos I thought it was just ours. TV freezes now & then, usually in the middle of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

rushfan wrote: »
    In Swords, glad to see this thread cos I thought it was just ours. TV freezes now & then, usually in the middle of a match.
    Is that the main box or mini ?
    If main box, it’s not sky broadband issue as feeds off dish not broadband. If Sky mini also not broadband issue, it’s connection and range to main box. To confirm if on mini box , play Netflix and it will most likely play fine. At least that is how my mini box works, never an issue Netflix or you tube but sky freezing so not broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

rushfan wrote: »

That's not a bad thing after watching the Luxembourg game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Is that the main box or mini ?
    If main box, it’s not sky broadband issue as feeds off dish not broadband. If Sky mini also not broadband issue, it’s connection and range to main box. To confirm if on mini box , play Netflix and it will most likely play fine. At least that is how my mini box works, never an issue Netflix or you tube but sky freezing so not broadband

Watching on the Sky mini box in extension. We actually got a WiFi booster provided by Sky which seemed to help initially. In fairness, it's only been the last few days.

Advertisement