Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old Mosney Holiday Centre (1980s-1990s)

Options
  • 09-03-2021 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all.

I'm currently working on a project, and I am looking for something very specific which i have had trouble seeking for quite a while now.

Before it became its current status, Mosney was a holiday destination for many an Irish family. Every year (around Febuary-March time), the company posted out a 4 page brochure with booking form to all registered addresses that stayed at the camp in previous years. Im desperately seeking an original copy of any sent out during the 1980s and 1990s. I have scoured the net and cant find a single thing for these late years in the camps history, so im trying to reach out to as many people as i can and urge anyone who may have one of these old brochures lying about to possibly send it to myself.

To also extend a request to this, i am also looking to obtain an original copy of the camps on-site programme that could be bought for £1 whilst you stayed there. In these programmes you were given a day to day description of all the events taking place around the camp and times of which they took place. Again im looking for any original copy from the 1980s or 1990s.

I understand this may seem like an impossible task, hence why its important to myself to reach out to as may people as possible to perhaps trigger someones mind out there that may have one of them in an attic somewhere. Id be willing to negotiate small price if anyone was to come across what im looking for. Also if anyone has any tips on increasing my chances of finding what im after..... all help is greatly appreciated!

Also could any moderators move this topic if they feel it would be better suited in another section of the forum? I maybe think i should have placed this in "all things retro" but i wasnt sure.

Thank you :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Do you mean Mosney?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Peter138

Yes. I've amended the post, but cannot amend the topic title.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Peter138 wrote: »
    Yes. I've amended the post, but cannot amend the topic title.

Done! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭niallb

I missed the original title, but had you by any chance called it Butlins?
    That's what I remember it as in the early 70's.
    Think you should keep that name in the post somewhere in case it helps to jog a memory.

Advertisement