Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reconnecting with friends

• 05-02-2021 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Not sure if anyone on the boards can help, I left Thurles in the 80s and live in the US, Ive been touching base with some old friends since the covid hit some that I haven't been in touch with for a very long time.
    One I can't seem to get a hold of is a girl I knew back in the 80s when she lived in Collins park, name was Ann Marie Jordan.
    last time we spoke was early 90s, she was living in Dublin and had married, I don't recall her married name, I believe she had one brother and three sisters. I'd be glad to compensate someone for their time if I get results, Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Below is a newspaper article that mentions Annmarie Jordan from Thurles - maybe you could contact the organisers of the event. if it is not the same annmarie well maybe its a relative?

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/next-sunday-may-well-be-mothers-day-but-as-far-as-nenagh-north-tipperary-and-the-people-in-need-telethon-are-concerned-it-is-grannies-day-27458226.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9 parkhursttree

Thank you for the link, doesn't look like the same one, she could have been a granny in 2000, but I doubt it she would have been 35.
    There was another girl with the same name and about the same age that lived in Kennedy park, I think they were related, they were also related to Jordans that lived in Bohernanave. I don't think she kept in close contact with any cousins after moving away.
    She was the eldest of the family with one brother and three sisters, I don't recall all their names but the next eldest was a girl called Jackie, that kept small dogs, someone told me she may have opened or tried to open a pet shop on Friar St in the mid 90s.
    unfortunately I moved to the US pre internet, it's a little easier to find male friends as their name remains the same, but I wood assume all her sisters are married by now with different surnames. I just thought if anybody knew the family they may be able to tell me what the surnames are and I could probably look them up on Facebook etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭Oops!

All those Jordan's up in the parks and Bohernanave would be connected. I'm sure somebody from there with that surname on facebook would be able to steer you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 parkhursttree

Mission accomplished, if perhaps one of the mods could delete this, thanks.

Advertisement