Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed camera

Options
  • 09-02-2021 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was caught driving at 91 km in a 60 km tonight. Black dark cop car parked on outskirts of city just where speed limits changes. I wasn’t driving my own car.... anyway they followed me and asked for my licence but I hadn’t got it on my. I gave my name and was asked to present licence within 10 days at garda station. I was then told to look into a small radar gun that displayed 91. Any advice should I present my licence to the garda station or wait to see if anything comes in the post - I was way over and I’m worried ..... I’m also a professional driver

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,519 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yes you should produce it, if you don't you'll get a summons for failing to produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I am at a bit of a loss, you are a professional driver but you don't know the procedures regarding speed limits, and presentation of licence when requested by a member of the garda ? In any case yes you should present your licence. I imagine you have also posted in the wrong forum

I'd also ask ( not least for my safety if I was on the road at the same time) that you not drive at 150% of a speed limit. If I cam coming off the motor way / ring road I almost automatically now turn on the limiter to ensure I don't stay at an inappropriate speed

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Supra lover 87

The speeding fine will come to the owner of the car and if you gave your details a court summons will arrive to you for not producing a license

Advertisement