Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Observation about Ryan Tubridy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

OP when you first signed up to boards,did you misread something somewhere along the line about starting threads? Cos you know it's not a rule. You dont HAVE to start one every second day.
    I just checked and I've started 19 threads in 6 1/2 years, you've started 30 in 2 months .
    Its summer OP, go for a walk,go to the beach, join a club , climb a f#$king mountain ,stop starting ridiculous threads. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autosport wrote: »
    What's this electricity you talk of???? Being from a rural part of Kilkenny I don't understand what your talking about and as for broadband haven't a notion what that is :D

Broadband is for keeping up your trousers if your a rather rotund individual

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

RMAOK wrote: »

You made me spit out my drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

_blaaz wrote: »
    Rather incredulously i have a relative setttled into one of more easy to access areas near mooncoin(near certain,they have to cross several rivers up a dirt track to get to their house,which leaves access difficult in winter)

They told me some of activities and issues of drug addiction facing local populations who efforts to settle have been mixed in results.......like i heard in work during the week.... logging companies have to bribe local tribal leaders to get access to forests around kilmacow and cant work afternoons on thursdays (why???)

Nonetheless im going to brave the journey sunday to go to gowran....im.just hoping to be back to civilisation before dusk though

Are you telling me that there are ROADS :eek:
    We only have fields here and forestries.

If you travel in a pack you would probably be safer than if travel on your own ;) Don't say I didn't give you great advice :D

You made me spit out my drink :D

This is a free and democratic society auto. No one person can make you spit out your drink. You gave free choice, don't ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tubbs won't be needing it any time soon so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

And what do you use baling twine for so?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

Tbf having a phone in kk is an achievement.....afaik some of the more isolated villages havnt even elctricty there or seen outsiders since last attempt at a census
    We've got a Dub on our hands.

Edgware wrote: »
    And what do you use baling twine for so?

Tying your jacket together

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bob Harris wrote: »
    You should call Joe Duffy about this.

Or Ryan Tubridy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wouldn’t be the sharpest knife in the block, but he’s a very pleasant and affable guy by all accounts. Not a regular listener to his show, as it clashes with Pat Kenny, but did enjoy his live shows from his road trip on the west coast a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I could go on a rant about his faults but I will be constructive.

He’s completely bored career wise

He’s outstayed his welcome by approx 5 years.

He should leave RTÉ and go to America and see how he fares in their media industry.

A few years ago, I would have laughed you out of the room for such a suggestion

But this is the week where James Corden has received seven Emmy nominations (yes, you read that correctly)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I often wonder what the real story was with him going out with that real cute science one from RTE. Was she his beard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Tubridy sat in for Graham Norton on his BBC Radio 2 Saturday morning show for the summer months a couple of years ago and he was a disaster. The reaction from listeners was all negative

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

King of the Knobheads as I refer to him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

He’s lucky his connections got him in to Rte .

I’d like to bate him with a square english shovel . Then roll him up and burn him like a sod of turf !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Hes not the worse !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Hes not the worse !

Yes he bloody well is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Wouldn’t be the sharpest knife in the block, but he’s a very pleasant and affable guy by all accounts. Not a regular listener to his show, as it clashes with Pat Kenny, but did enjoy his live shows from his road trip on the west coast a few weeks back.

I'm not a regular listener to his show either because it's shite.

To be fair though, I've seen him loads of times around Dún Laoghaire and he always seems perfectly pleasant and down to earth, genuinely chatty and interested in talking to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Tubridy is the result of a freak teleportation mishap where Henry Kelly's DNA got merged with a rod made of carbon.

He is 50% Going for Gold presenter and 50% inanimate carbon rod.

Unfortunately all his personality was inherited from the rod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I enjoy tubridy. He's a good personality. He really turned the 2fm breakfast show around a few years ago.

That said, I rarely watch tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    He really turned the 2fm breakfast show around a few years ago.

The Full Irish was great. His on-air persona was so much more relaxed back then. Unlike pretty much every other breakfast radio show, it was all very un-forced. A bit self-indulgent, but tonally perfect. He'd be an ideal replacement for Marty Whelan on Lyric FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

One thing I've noticed about him on the radio is the stark contrast between the way he talks to commoners and the big shots. He kind of talks down to the people who ring for the quizzes and that sort of thing.

When the person rings in Ryan will typically say something like "Do we have John on the line?". Then John will "Hi Ryan, how are you?" and so on. Then Ryan will say something like "what are you doing?" or "where are you from?". The caller might then answer "I'm from Kilkenny" and Turbridy will then say "good man"! It makes no sense! Being from Kilkenny does not make him a good man. Could he not at least wait for John to get a question right before he says "good man"

There is a very good reason and he is briefed to do that.

1 It has happened in the past that members of the public are very unpredictable. You ask questions they give answers that are odd or awkward. Keeping it very polite and shallow is a way of controlling that.

2 Big shots are people RTE wants back to interview again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

It has happened in the past that members of the public are very unpredictable. You ask questions they give answers that are odd or awkward. Keeping it very polite and shallow is a way of controlling that.

"Do we have John on the line?"

"Hi Ryan, how are you?"

"Good, John, thanks for asking. Where are you from?"

"I won't say where Ryan, I've a terrible fear the Gardaí might track my whereabouts and find all those kids I've tied up in the shed."

"Good man".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Wasn't he allegedly off his head on cocaine on one of those Christmas Toy shows he does?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Wasn't he allegedly off his head on cocaine on one of those Christmas Toy shows he does?
    I find that hard to believe. Never the less, do tell me more!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

He's very skinny. I don't think he's ever adequately explained that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Good man

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

He's very unnerving. A human being shouldn't be that pointy. The man has corners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Ian OB

Tbf having a phone in kk is an achievement.....afaik some of the more isolated villages havnt even elctricty there or seen outsiders since last attempt at a census

What's this electricity you talk of???? Being from a rural part of Kilkenny I don't understand what your talking about and as for broadband haven't a notion what that is :D

Broadband is like an elastic band only wider. Hence the name.

Advertisement