Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Observation about Ryan Tubridy

Options
  • 31-07-2019 7:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭

One thing I've noticed about him on the radio is the stark contrast between the way he talks to commoners and the big shots. He kind of talks down to the people who ring for the quizzes and that sort of thing.

When the person rings in Ryan will typically say something like "Do we have John on the line?". Then John will "Hi Ryan, how are you?" and so on. Then Ryan will say something like "what are you doing?" or "where are you from?". The caller might then answer "I'm from Kilkenny" and Turbridy will then say "good man"! It makes no sense! Being from Kilkenny does not make him a good man. Could he not at least wait for John to get a question right before he says "good man"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

One thing I've noticed about him on the radio is the stark contrast between the way he talks to commoners and the big shots. He kind of talks down to the people who ring for the quizzes and that sort of thing.

When the person rings in Ryan will typically say something like "Do we have John on the line?". Then John will "Hi Ryan, how are you?" and so on. Then Ryan will say something like "what are you doing?" or "where are you from?". The caller might then answer "I'm from Kilkenny" and Turbridy will then say "good man"! It makes no sense! Being from Kilkenny does not make him a good man. Could he not at least wait for John to get a question right before he says "good man"

Yeah, bit of a quandary there alright. Was this radio listening at work or in your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

One thing I've noticed about him on the radio is the stark contrast between the way he talks to commoners and the big shots.

In fairness, I'd only talk to the commoners if I was given the same salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Tbf having a phone in kk is an achievement.....afaik some of the more isolated villages havnt even elctricty there or seen outsiders since last attempt at a census

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

One thing I've noticed about him on the radio
    That's the problem right there!
    Stop listening to Tubridy and everything will be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

You should call Joe Duffy about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yeah, bit of a quandary there alright. Was this radio listening at work or in your car?

Is he not banned by the smoking boss from playing the radio at work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Problem Of Motivation

In fairness, I'd only talk to the commoners if I was given the same salary.
    But he does get paid for it. That's the point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭Ecce No Homo

Guy gives me the creeps. One part goofy clown, one part freemason, and one part evil ventriloquist's dummy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Guy gives me the creeps. One part goofy clown, one part freemason, and one part evil ventriloquist's dummy.

Something off about the guy.

Also he's proliferated ****ing death and misery across every RTE programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbf having a phone in kk is an achievement.....afaik some of the more isolated villages havnt even elctricty there or seen outsiders since last attempt at a census

What's this electricity you talk of???? Being from a rural part of Kilkenny I don't understand what your talking about and as for broadband haven't a notion what that is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Tubbs hasn't been on the radio for nearly two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

One thing I'll say in Tubs defense.

I saw him sitting outside the Brandon Hotel on his own sipping Champagne during the Rose of Tralee.

He spotted me, and there was this understanding that I, a mere cog in the machine, could go over and punch him, spoiling his entire night and perhaps even making him unpresentable for the cameras.

Still, he sat there, alone, as if to say, "I trust you, young commoner, we are brethren".

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

I hate that thing patronising thing he does around Christmas time when taking about Xmas presents.

He kinda winks at the camera and says Santa might be able to bring only some of the presents as he is very busy this year and some boys and girls might only get very little. The chap is loaded and was born with a silver spoon and he is winking down the camera at us oul commoners acting like he really gives a **** if some people genuinely might not be able to buy their kids anything at Christmas .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Who?

I’d have ye all shot, the “who” people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I’d have ye all shot, the “who” people.

In life it's the little things that sometimes give the most amusement....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,059 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

As Dustin the Turkey once said;

"Ryan Tubridy is just a life support machine for his Adam's apple"

Leave Tubs be. He's related to the right people, in his lofty perch strictly on merit. Doesn't even remind one of an emaciated stork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Tubs is a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I could go on a rant about his faults but I will be constructive.

He’s completely bored career wise

He’s outstayed his welcome by approx 5 years.

He should leave RTÉ and go to America and see how he fares in their media industry.

He should leave RTÉ and go to America and see how he fares in their media industry.

He's an authoritative historian when it comes to the Kennedy dynasty. On a par with running a hotdog stand in New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

He's an authoritative historian when it comes to the Kennedy dynasty. On a par with running a hotdog stand in New York.

The Kennedy's were a bunch of murders and dysfunctional headbangers.

Autosport wrote: »
    What's this electricity you talk of???? Being from a rural part of Kilkenny I don't understand what your talking about and as for broadband haven't a notion what that is :D

Is it true ye eat cook outsiders in a big pot in middle.of villages.....robbing thatch from.the houses to.light the fire??

Like is true,that the rain forest/wilderness in regions near new ross and inisteoige contain uncontacted tribes who only appear at night time on outskirts to attack and kill farm animals,before disappearing into the undergrowth again??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

_blaaz wrote: »
    Is it true ye eat cook outsiders in a big pot in middle.of villages.....robbing thatch from.the houses to.light the fire??

Like is true,that the rain forest/wilderness in regions near new ross and inisteoige contain uncontacted tribes who only appear at night time on outskirts to attack and kill farm animals,before disappearing into the undergrowth again??

How did you hear about the way we live :eek: it's not like we're on social media telling everyone ;) We not only kill animals and we are partial to strange people who wander into our wilderness ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

kneemos wrote: »
    The Kennedy's were a bunch of murders and dysfunctional headbangers.

You forgot the bootlegging.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Kilkenny have been so insulted they have declared war on RTE.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Autosport wrote: »
    How did you hear about the way we live :eek: it's not like we're on social media telling everyone ;) We not only kill animals and we are partial to strange people who wander into our wilderness ;):D

Rather incredulously i have a relative setttled into one of more easy to access areas near mooncoin(near certain,they have to cross several rivers up a dirt track to get to their house,which leaves access difficult in winter)

They told me some of activities and issues of drug addiction facing local populations who efforts to settle have been mixed in results.......like i heard in work during the week.... logging companies have to bribe local tribal leaders to get access to forests around kilmacow and cant work afternoons on thursdays (why???)

Nonetheless im going to brave the journey sunday to go to gowran....im.just hoping to be back to civilisation before dusk though

• Advertisement

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Kilkenny have been so insulted they have declared war on RTE.

Not much meat on tubs so he should be ok :D:D

Advertisement