Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mapping SIM contacts to Facebook/Gmail contacts in HTC People widget

• 28-04-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Maybe I'm an idiot but after a lot of trying, I can't for the life of me get my contacts set up.

I have a SIM from my old phone with about 150 numbers on it. These show up in my contacts.

I have a similar number of Facebook and Gmail contacts that also show up in my contacts.

I'm using the HTC People widget, and it can 'link' Gmail details to Facebook details and remove duplicates and amalgamate the data.

However, I can't then link this Facebook/Gmail contact to a SIM contact.

Am I missing something or can this not be done. When I press 'Press to link to other contact' only Facebook and Gmail contacts are accessible???

Thanks for any help!!

Al.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Think the contact has to be on your phone memory not the sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Not sure if this helps.

What I have done is made all my contacts "google contacts" and my phone only shows google contacts (you can edit and merge duplicates easily on the google contacts web interface).

All my facebook contacts linked very easily after I did that. The only disadvantage to this way of doing it is if you want to put the sim card into another (non android) phone the numbers won't be on the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Hey Guys, thanks for the replies!

The numbers weren't being seen on the sim card, one quick import later and I'm now linking away!!!

Will back up to google/gmail contacts once I've linked them all!

Thanks a mill for the help!
    Al.

Advertisement