Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire - Coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

Far as I'm aware, the signal dropping (or rather the problem with re-acquiring a dropped signal) is an android bug, so if you're in an area with poor reception you might end up getting this issue regardless of who you're with.

Seems like there are people having this issue with lots of providers worldwide.

Android 2.2 will be out in a few weeks, hopefully that will fix the issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've had the phone since April 15th and haven't experienced any signal drops at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭0scar

cheers lads, phoned meteor this evening to check with them about coverage in general in my area - only five miles from Newbridge but incredibly can't get a reliable physical landline (and no broadband of course anyway, local exchange not enabled!), so need to ensure mobile coverage would be adequate.
    Meteor told me there's a "white spot" over our place - that answers that so! Vodafone is only just adequate, but better than nothing. Glad for their customers that they've finally offered the Desire, but Meteor still offers much better value for money on their plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I get 2 or 3 signal drops a day on Three for switching from 3g to 2g or back. However these always last exactly 11 seconds and so aren't a problem. I never get dropped calls.

For all I know this might be the same on all phones except now I have the ability to have an app such as no signal to tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Sorry to hijack the thread but does anybody have any internet connectivity issues on the Desire? I got mine on Saturday and twice now when I have woken it up from 'lock' I have been unable to connect to the net. I'm on meteor but its not the meteor hero connection issue as I have full reception otherwise and no issues with SIM.

Turning phone on and off gets it back no problem, but otherwise toggling settings doesn't (such as airplane mode suggested for other issue).

Also, I am running an app called juice defender which turns off internet etc when phone not in use. Wondering child thee be an issue there with it not clicking it back on when I unlock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have the same issue if I enable GPS. Once I turn off GPS, my data network doesnt come back. Turn it off and back on generally does the trick though!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

djgaillimh wrote: »
    Far as I'm aware, the signal dropping (or rather the problem with re-acquiring a dropped signal) is an android bug, so if you're in an area with poor reception you might end up getting this issue regardless of who you're with.

Seems like there are people having this issue with lots of providers worldwide.

Android 2.2 will be out in a few weeks, hopefully that will fix the issues.

Yep, from looking about this is an Android issue more than a network issue. Really depends on where you are, at my home never drops out, dropped out once in work (VF coverage was poor there anyway even though it is in the city center) and was in a hotel up by Christ Church today and it dropped several times (in fairness this could have been more to do with the location of the conference room within the hotel), key thing is I didn't have to toggle between airplane mode and normal to get the signal back, it would drop and come back by itself and once I got out of the hotel it was perfect again (wonder if it is a radio problem:confused:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Hasn't dropped once since the 15th april on Meteor. I get HSPDA 50% of the time and 50% 3G/EDGE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

On O2. I have had no signal drops in 2 weeks since I got it. I also get HSDPA 90% of the time, and only saw EDGE once in a basement of a building, and 3G once in the same building.

Advertisement