Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three network, android phones

Options
  • 24-04-2010 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

are they ever going to upgrade their stock?

i love their plans, but jesus their phones are pathetic

any news from you chaps in the know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The spica is the only android at the moment on 3 http://www.samsung.com/ie/consumer/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/touch-screen/GT-I5700UWAXEU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

haven't used it yet, so can't tell you much more..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Sony Ericsson X10 is due in a couple of weeks. They'll also be doing the X10 mini and pro. HTC Desire is also due in May

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Doh, I just bought a Spica simfree and I'm on three :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Walkman wrote: »
    Sony Ericsson X10 is due in a couple of weeks. They'll also be doing the X10 mini and pro. HTC Desire is also due in May

thats good to know, i thought i read they are getting the iphone as well, but sometime later in the year, i think id rather an android phone myself though, all my mates that have iphones touch them so much, i wonder if they've had a toss since they got them, weirdos!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They already have the iPhone if your due an upgrade got one off them a few weeks ago, and somebodys got android running on an iPhone : )

• Advertisement

They already have the iPhone if your due an upgrade got one off them a few weeks ago, and somebodys got android running on an iPhone : )

huh, you got the iphone in a 3 store?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

If your due an upgrade they have other phones that they don't have online. Phone them and they will transfer you to upgrades dept. They have the iphone and nokia x6 also

Loggie wrote: »
    If your due an upgrade they have other phones that they don't have online. Phone them and they will transfer you to upgrades dept. They have the iphone and nokia x6 also

damn, im on best of both, no upgrades :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Loggie wrote: »

I rang a few times and they never came back - got a sim-free desire instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

I got the spica the other day as a free upgrade and I'm well chuffed. I'm an android newbie but I think the phone is great. Only thing i dont like so far is that its not so bright when in sunlight. I may be able to configure that though, I havent tried yet. everything else has been great. gotta love the android.

to be honest I have have to say I feel a little smug as well, as far as I can see android has all the functionality and coolness of iphone. people are coughing up serious cash for iphones, I got this spica for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Is there a specific phone number for the upgrades department?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Spica is a great starter phone for the Android novice.Good front end(nice icons,seamless screen scroll etc),very user friendly,no lag,great for gmail users,free apps(more if you flash it).I would be conscious though that if you are not comfortable flashing it,it only comes with Android os1.5 and this o.s is up to 2.1 or greater at this stage officially,its been on o2 for months now and they havent offered any upgrade yet.
    Camera is basic(3.2) and pc software is very poor(out of the box detects phone as a memory card!.Battery life is average.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

Is there a specific phone number for the upgrades department?

ring the cancellation line and you'll be offered a better deal on upgrade. They'll give you 2 months rental free as well and maybe 15% off your bill for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Sorry - not to drag this OT but what's 3's 3G coverage like?

Thinking about an X10 and 3's price plans look a lot better than O2's €40 a month minimum. But I know their mobile broadband has, ahem, had issues so I'd be wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

Any one know if the htc legend is coming to three?

Or should I just get the Spica

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭BeardyFunzo

yahoo_moe wrote: »
    Sorry - not to drag this OT but what's 3's 3G coverage like?

Thinking about an X10 and 3's price plans look a lot better than O2's €40 a month minimum. But I know their mobile broadband has, ahem, had issues so I'd be wary.

I've generally been happy with thier coverage, but i do spend most of my time in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Beno wrote: »
    Any one know if the htc legend is coming to three?

Or should I just get the Spica

AFAIK the legend is a meteor exclusive so it shouldn't be appearing on any other network

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭leahcim

But I know their mobile broadband has, ahem, had issues so I'd be wary.

I think most of the people who have problems with three mobile broadband are those who use it as their main source of internet connectivity. Its pretty crazy to expect 3G or HSDPA to perform as well as ADSL or cable for downloading\uploading torrents and gaming etc. IMO mobile broadband is fine for surfing the web, checking emails etc all the things you would be doing on your phone.

For me three have the best value broadband with the best coverage (mine works when I go to my home town in the middle of nowhere in West Cork).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Its true :) Just rang up about an upgrade and they offered me an iphone am very very excited - feels like christmas - really wanted an iphone but didnt want to leave three so it solves all my problems :):):):)

Advertisement