Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insured few days within 14 days 2 years ago no claims expired?

Options
  • 10-02-2021 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I was insured for a few days almost 2 years ago. Within the 14 days from start of the car insurance I had cancelled.
    On the previous insurance I had 3 years no claims build up.
    Are these still valid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You won't have any NCD from the policy you cancelled so it all depends when your last valid policy ended, if it's more than 2 years ago you've no NCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭flowers345

So the short time I was insured did not count towards being insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

nope

I had the disc should that not count? Seems unfair.
    From when does that count then?

If it was as simple as the stunt you tried to pull everyone would be at it.

You only get a ncb cert off an insurance company for a full 12 month policy purchased and completed.

Your NCB expires 2 years after the expiration date of the last policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Sounds like you took out a policy to 'freshen up' your NCB and then cancelled it during the cooling off period

For your information car was not needed anymore and sold.
    No stunts pulled, you think anyone would be able to look that far ahead?

Not looking at years in tease, do not want the extra year no claims. Just looking to keep my old years.

So how long is that time frame? From what date onwards does it count towards being insured? From the date the policy started?
    From the date the disc arrived? From X days after taking out the policy? From X days after the disc arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

2 years from your last completed full year

flowers345 wrote: »
    For your information car was not needed anymore and sold.
    No stunts pulled, you think anyone would be able to look that far ahead?

Not looking at years in tease, do not want the extra year no claims. Just looking to keep my old years.

So how long is that time frame? From what date onwards does it count towards being insured? From the date the policy started?
    From the date the disc arrived? From X days after taking out the policy? From X days after the disc arrived?

You were already told in post 6

Advertisement