Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I did some detailing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nice BM :cool:

Cheers :) Few bits still need doing on it, but does the job :P

Here's one I forgot

lZekF4W.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

The Megane and the 3er look great lads!! Fair play to ye both!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Good idea with the new headlights Renegade Mechanic. Facelift Lagunas are way more reliable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Good idea with the new headlights Renegade Mechanic. Facelift Lagunas are way more reliable :)

Heh heh heh Im sure:p Three hours those lights took, an actual face lift on it might have been easier!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just finished cleaning and feeding the leather. Some work in this heat :eek:

• Advertisement

Just finished cleaning and feeding the leather. Some work in this heat :eek:

:eek::confused:

:eek::confused:

Yup, it's got cannibalistic instincts, loves a good aul steak :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Finally. Some cloud that allowed me to finished DAing.

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0465.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

Mirror shot: :cool:
    IMAG0462.jpg

I also washed a tree of sap off my girlfriends car. The noise was horrible. Noticed alot of fall out on her car months ago, little bits of black specs in the yellow paint. Gave her car a coat of Iron-X and it turned from yellow to purple! Got about 90% of the black specced fallout off. Very impressed as alway with Iron-X.
    She has been told not to park under any trees from now on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

@Black Knight, I'm not the biggest fan of VW's, but that is simply stunning...:eek: :cool::D

However must update my large post on the previous page with pics as requested by Curran! :D

Before the wash the car looked like this, caked in dirt and dust from the last weeks heavy driving

crcs.jpg

t5in.jpg

After the first wash.....

5eq1.jpg

Midway through polishing stage...

sus8.jpg

Quick exhaust clean up....12 years old, 93k miles and the original exhaust too! :eek::D

tkci.jpg

Finally a coat of wax and she's a good 'un...

hpgv.jpg

:cool::cool:

:eek: Microfibre cloths on the ground! :eek:

Car looks extremely well. ..good work! ;)

Black Knight; fantastic work also! Great shine!

• Advertisement

Curran wrote: »
    :eek: Microfibre cloths on the ground! :eek:

Car looks extremely well. ..good work! ;)

Black Knight; fantastic work also! Great shine!

Knew I'd get a bollicking for that...:D Thankfully they didn't touch the paintwork after they'd touched the ground!

166man wrote: »
    Knew I'd get a bollicking for that...:D Thankfully they didn't touch the paintwork after they'd touched the ground!

I caught my girlfriend while she was drying her car. Out of the corner of my eye I spotter her dropping a microfibre cloth to the ground, and picking it up. :eek: I should of sprayed her with Iron-X. That'd teach her (Iron-X stinks something awful).

This isnt food people! You can just let it drop on the ground and keep using it! There's no 5 second rule in cleaning a car!

166man wrote: »
    @Black Knight, I'm not the biggest fan of VW's, but that is simply stunning...:eek: :cool::D

Cheers 166man. I love peoples reaction of, "its lovely!". Followed by "What is it?".

Im not a massive VW fan myself, only the CC (though not the newer models) and the scriocco tickle my fancy. Golfs, polos, passats, tiguan, fox, up, tourag are all a bit meh. The new beetle is actually kinda nice, for a beetle. Hitler would be proud. :pac:

Some job on that 156. What did you use on the exhaust? As you can see, I didnt really touch mine.

<Opens new tab to cleancar.ie>

I caught my girlfriend while she was drying her car. Out of the corner of my eye I spotter her dropping a microfibre cloth to the ground, and picking it up. :eek: I should of sprayed her with Iron-X. That'd teach her (Iron-X stinks something awful).

This isnt food people! You can just let it drop on the ground and keep using it! There's no 5 second rule in cleaning a car!

Exactly, you won't realise that you're swirling it until you see it up close and realise how the feck did that get there!

Horiffic smell off that stuff too, but damn it works well!

Cheers 166man. I love peoples reaction of, "its lovely!". Followed by "What is it?".

Im not a massive VW fan myself, only the CC (though not the newer models) and the scriocco tickle my fancy. Golfs, polos, passats, tiguan, fox, up, tourag are all a bit meh. The new beetle is actually kinda nice, for a beetle. Hitler would be proud. :pac:

Some job on that 156. What did you use on the exhaust? As you can see, I didnt really touch mine.

I'd be the same, scirocco is the only VW that I'd considered... still drool a little when I see a nice one :D

Bit of autosol metal polish on the exhaust will do wonders. Use steel wool + autosol if its really bad. Even halfrauds stock it :)

Lads, OAC Iron Cleanse is better than Iron X ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I'd be the same, scirocco is the only VW that I'd considered... still drool a little when I see a nice one :D

Bit of autosol metal polish on the exhaust will do wonders. Use steel wool + autosol if its really bad. Even halfrauds stock it :)

He has mine:rolleyes:

Lads, OAC Iron Cleanse is better than Iron X ;)

Who's selling that these days?

Ive a butt load of Iron-X to go through, so im well catered for at the moment.

www.detailingshed.com

Yeah, detailing shed have all the Orchard autocare range. Couldn't recommend most of their products enough. I've used Citrus pre-clean, Tar cleanse, Perfection and all have been 100% what they said on the tin. I've yet to grab some Iron cleanse, MM cleared out their stock :pac:

• Advertisement

It really is lovely, honestly wouldn't think it's a four year old car at this stage.

A well specced beetle wouldn't be a bad idea, will they age better than the previous model though?

Yep the 156 cleans up very well, I went for a good detar and then as CM said, wire wool and autosol as well as elbow grease and there you have it! Makes a big big difference, was even asked by an Alfa enthusiast the other day if I'd had a new exhaust...;)

Are they still in operation, or is it just their site that's kaput?

Are they still in operation, or is it just their site that's kaput?

As you may know, it's Curran's baby and he often doesn't feed the goblins so the site goes down every now and then :pac:

Hosting issues I think.

Ah right. Didnt know that at all. Does make it tricky to buy stuff though :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Ah right. Didnt know that at all. Does make it tricky to buy stuff though :pac::pac:

Send him a pm. He'll look after you.

Really though that hosting problem should have been sorted by now.

Lads, just to clarify what's happening with Detailing Shed, I was chatting to Curran and he said this:

The website is a complete **** up - he knows that, but its totally out of our hands....the web designer has our account on his hosting and let it expire!

Detailing Shed own the domain - but as the hosting is on his account, they cannot access any files to backup the website and database files!

My advice is to PM him here if you're looking for anything on the site. He will look after you the same way as he always did. Alternatively, email him - detailingshed@yahoo.ie Please note, this is a temproary email address while the site is out of action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

01-DSCF6211_zpsf9a19f2e.jpg

02-DSCF6217_zps32be94ef.jpg

03-DSCF6221_zps4a39cadb.jpg

04-DSCF6215_zps95b3ecba.jpg

05-DSCF6222_zps6e2fe7d4.jpg

08-DSCF6213_zps5c8bfbaf.jpg

09-DSCF6220_zpsddb8744a.jpg

10-DSCF6214_zps669d4a97.jpg

11-DSCF6219_zps2f9a5c55.jpg

06-DSCF6212_zps4153537e.jpg

07-DSCF6218_zpse147fc97.jpg

12-DSCF6216_zps48668a22.jpg

13-DSCF6223_zps5a6f07fd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Was that thing home to chickens all of its life?

LOL it wasnt that bad ..... iv had much :o

• Advertisement

I know its the pictures, but the steering wheel looks like it got greener after the valet.

I know its the pictures, but the steering wheel looks like it got greener after the valet.

Too much meg's APC ;)

some of its the picture and some of its just ware, look at the top of the wheel, LOL its proper worn

Car got filthy on a drive, time to clean it again!

QGCWXDU.jpg

RRec5Ow.jpg

noh6NyI.jpg

ZX3PlRJ.jpg

yvPTYCp.jpg

kX5GPvR.jpg

yGo9NUh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Was having serious thoughts about moving her on this week. Run out of things that I can afford to with her and just really liked the idea of something new. Went for a spin on Thursday morning to clear the head and was reminded of why I love the car so much. Sure, it's not the fastest thing in the world but by Christ can it carry speed and stop. Brought it to CleanCar afterwards for a wash and dry, and then gave it a coat of Kleers Finishing Wax.

Kleers-2_zps27931aa2.jpg

Kleers-3_zpsa549316b.jpg

Kleers-4_zps2350859c.jpg

Kleers-1_zpsd9351561.jpg

Photos are a bit noisy as they were taken on the phone when it was getting dark, but yeah, I'm smitten again. Just waiting for some rain to see the beading :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

So I was in a similar situation as CM, 166man offered to clean my car so I made sure he had his work cut out for him :P

ncjdx4.jpg

So I took it to 166mans and by the time we were done it was dark so there was no time for pics so, the day after I took a few

And the result

2qci63a.jpg

Please note the reflection of the trailer :pac:

n4eg6w.jpg

The exhaust was black so with a bit of effort and a wire brush

27zdaw2.jpg

Good as new :)

157dhfl.jpg

2mnnk3m.jpg

I'll let him fill in what he used so on and so forth

• Advertisement

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Kleers-2_zps27931aa2.jpg

Epic.ie/this

toastedpickles i cant really see the results due to what im guessing is the white balance set to fluorescent

set it to sun or cloud for outside photography for best results ;)

toastedpickles i cant really see the results due to what im guessing is the white balance set to fluorescent

set it to sun or cloud for outside photography for best results ;)

It was actually on that! Damn cameras busted

what camera is it

what camera is it

Nikon cool pix

• Advertisement

what ISO ?

what ISO ?

No clue, total noob when it comes to cameras

Same as that toastedpickles

try auto maybe =]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Get photoshop, google how to correct colours, winning.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Get photoshop, google how to correct colours, winning.

Have photoshop
    Being done as we speak/type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Usually I'd have just done it for you but I'm on my phone.
    Photoshop is the biz!

CianRyan wrote: »
    Usually I'd have just done it for you but I'm on my phone.
    Photoshop is the biz!

It really is, I don't bother with it mostly but this is in dire need of it

GIMP

Is it just me or does this forum need a chat thread?

Im looking to get a few things, but with DS down I cant be sure what they sell. I want to get some of that Gtechniq - C4 Permanent Trim Restorer that MetzgerMeister has been **** over this past while. I know cleancar have it, but I also was looking at a foam gun, since I dont have a power washer, and our water pressure is pretty decent. Id like to keep all my purchases off the 1 place to save on postage and hassle. Do DS sell foam guns?

Darn. Now that I think of it, I also want 2 buckets (cleancar are always out of stock), grit guards, and a bad ass mitt like a wookies fist (or maybe settle for the lambskin one on cleancar).

Detailing Shed have everything bar the gtechniq products that you are looking for!! ;)

Their site is being rebuilt at the moment due to being messed about by their web designer!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement