Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual SIM phone with LTE

Options
  • 21-01-2015 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm in the market for a dual SIM Android phone.

I'd like it to have 4G LTE on both SIMS, here's the kicker though, I'll be using it on Vodafone in Ireland and on T-Mobile in the US.

I haven't been able to find one that will give me 4G on both networks.

Can anyone advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

No such phone exists except perhaps the Taiwanese version of the Oppo n3. This supports T-mobile 4g and one of the 4g bands used by vodaphone but I can't confirm if it has 4g on both sim cards.

Other close one would be the Xiaomi Redmi 2. This has 4g on both sims but it only supports one of the t-mobile bands and google says you need both which is 1700 and 2100mhz

Edit - The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 might work. According to their german website specs, it supports all the required bands and is dual sim, but can't confirm if it has 4g on both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

So, I did some more digging.

Apparently T-Mobile are re-appropriating their 1900 mhz bandwidth in order to expand.

This makes sense as I'm getting HSDPA+ on my M8 currently.

That's probably enough as when I ran a speedtest I was getting 6mbs down and 4mbs up which is more than adequate for my needs (maps and play music streaming).

That opens up the list of phones a bit more.

I'm thinking of a dual SIM Moto G, it's about $200 so pretty cheap and seems solid.

Any other suggestions?

Advertisement