Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One not downloading all exchange emails

Options
  • 06-03-2014 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am not an HTC super user I am more of a apple guy but my new job gave me a HTC One as the director likes it and now he is having issues with his email and I need help!

Basically he does not get all his emails on his mobile only about 30% (his words)
    so an email will come in and he will get it on his outlook but not his phone the next one will come in and he will get on both.

I have removed and added the email again but no joy.

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

I had similar problem getting exchange mails on my Nexus 4. I must admit I didn't spend too long looking into the problem. I just switched to K9 Mail instead which has been working flawlessly since.

However if your boss likes the HTC skin for his exchange mails or uses the HTC Mail widget then he may not be happy with K9 mail as an alternative as it looks more like standard Gmail than HTC.

Perhaps check the xda-developers site to see if anyone has encountered and solved the problem there.

The link to K9 mail is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fsck.k9

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Thanks for the reply!
    unfortunately he is not a man who would accept that as a response.

All forums lead to a reset or hard reboot, I just don't think its worth telling him to turn it off and on again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

$ausage$ wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply!
    unfortunately he is not a man who would accept that as a response.

All forums lead to a reset or hard reboot, I just don't think its worth telling him to turn it off and on again!

No worries. Hard reset isn't a great option as he would have to set his phone back up from scratch (probably not something he wants to do!)

Hope you get it sorted. Doubt he wants to go down the route of rooting the phone and putting a custom ROM on it that you could verify prior to installing that exchange mail works on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

If you go into the settings, theres a section there for "Sync, Send and Receive".
    Mine is using "Smart sync" of peak and off-peak syncing.
    Maybe change that to every few minutes or something. Though that'll probably use up a bit more battery.

Also, by default mine only syncs the inbox. If he is getting emails filtered to other folders, then he wont receive them, I'm guessing, unless he syncs other folders too.

Actually, is it the large emails he's not receiving? Coz there's a 5kb limit on emails, which can be increased. Maybe check if any small emails dont come through either. If they dont, then its probably something else, but otherwise u can increase the limit to allow bigger emails to come through.

Hi,

Yeh i have checked the peak times and all ok.
    Its just so weird!

Any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

This problem may be related with bad synchronization. However, you just check following points mentioned below :

1 - Verify wireless data connection
    2 - Connectivity status with Wi-Fi network
    3 - Cellular data is turned on.

I hope, after resolving these issues, you would be able to get better experience with your email application.

Hi another guy in work found out the issue. It was a setting in the mail to set a thread view. This meant that it looked like it was not getting mail but it was just organising it.

It's turned on by default I'm told.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement