Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clouds after thunder - 03-09-2008

Options
  • 03-09-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

As promised on this page here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353181&page=16

here's a few pics I took after two heavy, thundery showers, accompanied by a few rumbles of thunder, passed through here earlier this evening. There were a couple of really clear, distinct anvil clouds visible nearby after the first shower but, by the time I got my camera out and all, they had started to disipate. The second shower about an hour later showed a couple more off in the distance and I tried to capture them as best I could but, well, using a really crappy camera that only has crappy digital zoom didn't help so apologies for the quality of the pics in advance! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Anvils starting to disipate after first shower but you should still be able to see the way they are still quite flat at the top.

Anvils in the distance after the second shower. Sorry for the quality, I had to use the digital zoom to the max to try and capture them and, as I said, on this camera it's really crap but you should still be able to make them out, in particular the first picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭conceited

Nasty looking clouds,nice photos.

Advertisement