Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acer Iconia A500 Android Tablet

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

dfdream wrote: »
    rolion, are you stating the ICS is available from the market or is it that you installed the acer iconia tab enhancement update from the market but you still say no update.

sorry...
    checked for update,was saying up to date !
    got the ICONIA TAB Update Enhancement app from the Market,then checked again for update and...voila,ICS downloading !
    installed after and all ok !

what next meant...what is next after ICS ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Ah OK.

I tried that and got the "No updates" so did a manual install...

D
    rolion wrote: »
    sorry...
    checked for update,was saying up to date !
    got the ICONIA TAB Update Enhancement app from the Market,then checked again for update and...voila,ICS downloading !
    installed after and all ok !

what next meant...what is next after ICS ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭cwboy

I tried the update enhancement pack from the market but still getting a message saying you are up to date. Frustrated.

cwboy wrote: »
    I tried the update enhancement pack from the market but still getting a message saying you are up to date. Frustrated.

sorry to hear it,i know the feelings !!
    my best guess is that they are pushing updates OTA randomly for various servers,locations,times.
    Me,just got lucky by been on the right ... spot !?
    just wait with patience or keep trying that app !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

For who got the update, what is the build number now on the tablet?

• Advertisement

rolion wrote: »
    sorry to hear it,i know the feelings !!
    my best guess is that they are pushing updates OTA randomly for various servers,locations,times.
    Me,just got lucky by been on the right ... spot !?
    just wait with patience or keep trying that app !

When you say the app how were you checking for updates? I downloaded the enhancement pack but there is no app to run? I have just been checking through the system settings.

For who got the update, what is the build number now on the tablet?

Android V: 4.0.3
    Kernel:2.6.39.4+
    Image v:Acer_AV041_A500_RV05RC01_PA_CUS1
    Build no:Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1
    cwboy wrote: »
    When you say the app how were you checking for updates? I downloaded the enhancement pack but there is no app to run? I have just been checking through the system settings.

Install the app then check for updates again from within the Settings ,not from /with the application itself !
    Good luck...

Yep have been checking through settings.

No luck so far.

Got the update yesterday. Took a long time to download. Dont notice much difference to be honest. The keyboard is definitely much more responsive and i think the battery is better on standby but need to play around more with it.

Just managed to get my GPS fixed...takes max 30 seconds in house to get a full 3D fix.
    Playing with CoPilot and Navigon,not sure which one is ...better !

How is your tablet' GPS working !??

• Advertisement
Advertisement