Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best HTC Desire Rom for the wife

Options
  • 07-12-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

I've got an old original Desire at home, I rooted it during the summer and had plans to stick a Rom on it until I got a sensation via work. The desire has been sitting on the shelf since then.

Herself is sick of her Vodafone smart (the cheapo android one) as it's too slow. Basically I'm looking for a pretty idiot proof Rom that I can stick on the desire and won't be subject to the space issues that the stock Rom has. Gingerbread would be nice as well (as would ICS!)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Is cyanogenmod available for the original desire? If it is then you'll be very happy with it.
    Xdadeveloper forums is a great place to nosy around at the roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I've got an old original Desire at home, I rooted it during the summer and had plans to stick a Rom on it until I got a sensation via work. The desire has been sitting on the shelf since then.

Herself is sick of her Vodafone smart (the cheapo android one) as it's too slow. Basically I'm looking for a pretty idiot proof Rom that I can stick on the desire and won't be subject to the space issues that the stock Rom has. Gingerbread would be nice as well (as would ICS!)

Any suggestions?
    I'd make sure it's one of the sense based roms. For reliability go with something like a MoDaCo release, a tweaked stock rom on a desire still makes for a great phone

Bitches love reliability, remember that :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I've being using MIUI for the last 3 weeks, first time to use a non-sense ROM (for any extended period of time) and really enjoying it. Its really simplified android, almost like Ios but with the ability to customise the look of the phone. Tonnes of built in themes and lock screens etc. No app drawer either, every app you install appears on a screen, drag one to the top bar to uninstall. simple
    Seems faster than the sense roms aswell. If shes used sense and is use to it, prob best to stick with that. I found Leedroid the best, the Leedriod HD one really nice looking aswell and great battery compared to stock.

Otherwise check out MIUI.

Also if space is an issue, consider partitioning the sd-card with an ext3/4 partition and installing an a2sd or data++ rom to make use of that as internal space. No more internal space woes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I've a Desire for the last year and Cyanogenmod7 is fast and very stable. I've been using the latest stable version since it was released and I don't recall any crashes.

Combine it with LauncherPro and Beautiful Widgets if you want some "Sense".

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭slfcarro5

Just rooted and installed a custom rom on my girlfriend's desire. Went for insert coin great Rom nice and fast and loads of space tried leedroid also which is good. Both are gingerbread and sense 2.1/3. 0 so they look like the sensation sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Cyanogen would probably be a little too complicated though, wouldn't it? If she went in to the settings and seeing clock speed etc. she would probably look at the watch on her hand. :D

+1 for MIUI, its so simple to customize, it has some great apps built in too. The only thing missing will be the HTC apps, but there's alternatives in the market. I can't even think of any downsides to miui tbh. They're based off cyanogen source too so you still get that core speed, just with greater customization.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

I would recommend either CM7 or Oxygen, both of which are Gingerbread. Oxygen is somewat similar to CM but it's more lightweight with less features, but very fast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

The new mildwild ice cream sandwich themed rom, based on oxygen 2.3.2.
    Super zippy and looks great.
    Details are on the xda forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

MUIU is prob your best bet http://miuiandroid.com/

or there is a beta of the ice cream sandwich http://www.sandvold.as/history/index.php

Advertisement