Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Bangkok flight suggestions?

• 15-11-2019 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

Travelling from Dublin to Bangkok in the first week of February (the day within that week is flexible).

I've never flown to Bangkok before and was wondering if folks on here who have flown before can give my suggestions for either airlines that were good or a route they arranged to get there relatively cheaply.

I know there will likely be at least one stopover but I want the long haul portion of the flight to be as comfortable as possible while flying economy.

Anyone with experience have recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

My mrs has flown it a couple of times with Etihad, one stop via abu dhabi. Costed fairly, great airline and from experience her layover times on both legs was no more than two hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭De Danann

My mrs has flown it a couple of times with Etihad, one stop via abu dhabi. Costed fairly, great airline and from experience her layover times on both legs was no more than two hours!

Great stuff, thanks for the suggestion!

De Danann wrote: »
    Great stuff, thanks for the suggestion!

No worries. She also flew Economy on the trip and said the leg room was more than enough although she is 5'5 and in flight entertainment was excellent as was the meal(s)

No worries. She also flew Economy on the trip and said the leg room was more than enough although she is 5'5 and in flight entertainment was excellent as was the meal(s)

I'm looking at their flights now. Can she remember what was included? Meals, drinks, entertainment etc?

I'm looking at their flights now. Can she remember what was included? Meals, drinks, entertainment etc?

Ye, everything was included in the price she paid. She paid no more than €500 return each time, i'm sure of that much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Iv'e done this loads of times. Lufthansa, Air France/KLM, Turkish, Eitihad but by far the best for me was Emirates and that's who i alway's use now.
    Obviously just the one stopover too but be carefull as the cheapest price could have 2 stopovers . Entertainment is great and the food is not too bad either.
    From Dubai it will be the A380 so loads of legroom. Managed to get economy on the upper deck too which is even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Iv'e done this loads of times. Lufthansa, Air France/KLM, Turkish, Eitihad but by far the best for me was Emirates and that's who i alway's use now.
    Obviously just the one stopover too but be carefull as the cheapest price could have 2 stopovers . Entertainment is great and the food is not too bad either.
    From Dubai it will be the A380 so loads of legroom. Managed to get economy on the upper deck too which is even better.

Emirates by far the best option
    just even the jingle is stuck in my head from long haul flights and when I heard it on the tv it brings me back to trips to thailand, australia and elsewhere

I flew Malaysian airlines last time, and it was fine and cheap. layover in kuala lumpar wasn't great though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111563725

Thread from a few weeks ago about these flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Posted this in another thread....

We've flown Etihad, Emirates, Qatar to BKK - All fine (777 or 787 Dreamliner) - Always flew business so can't comment much on pricing.

This year we're flying Turkish to BKK via IST. Personally, I preferred the 50/50 break-up via the other carriers, whereas this time it will be approx. 4 hour and then 10 hours (or thereabouts). Again, can't comment on price as we're flying Business.

irish_goat wrote: »
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111563725

Thread from a few weeks ago about these flights.

Ah that's perfect, thank you!

• Advertisement

Ye, everything was included in the price she paid. She paid no more than €500 return each time, i'm sure of that much

Great, definitely looking up their flights now :) thank you!

Mate if booking with them use a credit card or preferably a revolut card which will just have the right amount to cover the cost. My Sister got charged double going to Oz and so did some of my friends. It took her 3 weeks to get it refunded.
    A quick google will show everything.

And don't do what i done and miss my flight home and stuck in BKK for 3 days , partially my fault(and the traffic) even though i was checked in so i just had to drop off my bag, would have made it as it was literally 1 minute but the male staff were unhelpful. Cost me €600 with Turkish to get home. Not good lol.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Mate if booking with them use a credit card or preferably a revolut card which will just have the right amount to cover the cost. My Sister got charged double going to Oz and so did some of my friends. It took her 3 weeks to get it refunded.
    A quick google will show everything.

And don't do what i done and miss my flight home and stuck in BKK for 3 days , partially my fault(and the traffic) even though i was checked in so i just had to drop off my bag, would have made it as it was literally 1 minute but the male staff were unhelpful. Cost me €600 with Turkish to get home. Not good lol.

Is that with Etihad or Emirates? I didn't think about the risks of double charging and stuff. I'll pay with my revolut card so. Thanks for the heads up!

Is that with Etihad or Emirates? I didn't think about the risks of double charging and stuff. I'll pay with my revolut card so. Thanks for the heads up!

That was with Eitihad. 3 weeks wait is a long time especially if you are relying on that money for spending.
    Better safe than sorry. Enjoy Bangkok, some people love it, some hate it. I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Have a look at Finnair - one stop via Helsinki

Have a look at Finnair - one stop via Helsinki

That was another airline I am looking at as they are quite cheap. Have you ever flown economy with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

+1 for Finnair here
    I was previously an Emirates guy, but have changed to Finnair for my last 4 flights to BKK
    Their economy comfort seats are well worth the extra €90 as that section of the cabin is rarely full and I have often had 3 seats to myself on their A350 (or 2 on the A330)

I have also managed to get cheap business class upgrades at the gate (sub ~€300) twice
    The Finns also make excellent chocolate (Fazer)

geecee wrote: »
    +1 for Finnair here
    I was previously an Emirates guy, but have changed to Finnair for my last 4 flights to BKK
    Their economy comfort seats are well worth the extra €90 as that section of the cabin is rarely full and I have often had 3 seats to myself on their A350 (or 2 on the A330)

I have also managed to get cheap business class upgrades at the gate (sub ~€300) twice
    The Finns also make excellent chocolate (Fazer)

Thank you for that detailed reply, they seem to be super reasonable price wise aswell so that's great that the experience with them is good too :)

Advertisement