Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway county council clerical officer 2017

• 15-09-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Has anyone applied or heard anything about this?

Comments

I applied.

Got nothing since. Last time I googled it, the update said they hoped to start in September.

Bit of a joke really considering they launched the thing about 5/6 months ago. You'd think they'd have ran stage one within that time frame. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

I applied for this months and months ago, i can't even remember when it was. Got an email this morning inviting me to attend for supervised testing! I had totally forgotten about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Same as that! Has anyone a link to the details such as salary etc as have completely forgot about this

Just went back through my emails there and in the reply from the expression of interest email, it refers you to galway.ie to get the info booklet but I have never managed to find it on the website....🀔 I'll keep looking and if I find it I'll add the link here....

I emailed the HR office and they sent me this back..

• Advertisement

Got the email this morning, 6 months or so after the launch.

Complete waste of time starting with supervised tests. Not a chance am i taking a day off work for supervised tests when finishing outside of the top 20 will be the end of it.

If the Public Service only placed 33 in the whole of Galway since the 2016 campaign started, I couldn't see the council getting past 10.

They're inviting a lot too as i know someone invited the day before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lmcallister

Hi Guys,

I got the same e-mail inviting me to the tests in the 23rd.

Just wondering if anybody knows whether, if you've never worked as a public/civil servant, are you guaranteed to start at the bottom of the scale - or does a degree/experience make a difference? (Degree is Arts and experience is 2 years in insurance)

Thanks in advance guys!

You'd start at the bottom alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yvonne27

Does anyone have any update on vacancies for clerical officer on panel for Galway City and county council position

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bairds1223

Does anyone know what number they offered on this panel? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bairds1223

Does anyone know what number they offered on this panel? Thanks

Advertisement