Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pobol y Cwm

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

OK, so I missed out on a few months of Pobol y Cwm again from around mid-October to early-February while I moved house and due to work stuff, but am back into it again now for the long haul this time, and am currently catching up on whatever is available on the player. Still about 10 episodes behind, and for the most part have filled in the blanks of the few months I've missed, but one thing has really been bothering me...

Who is Non? Is she related to Mark or Debbie in some way? And why is Colin constantly coming around to check in on them? The first episodes I caught up on was Mark and Non returning from the hospital after their operation, but as I missed her introduction I'm struggling a bit to figure out what her story is... Or even how old she is supposed to be?

My second question is where is Vicky? Did she leave the show? I hope not as she is one of my favourite characters, but there's been no mention of her in the 20 or so episodes I've watched over the past few days.

Any help would be much appreciated... Diolch!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Non is Mark's half sister. Mark's dad had an affair with Non's ma while he was still married to Kath. Non turned up in the village looking for Mark, bit of a mystery to her a little while before she told Mark who she really was. Mark didn't want to know at first in case of hurting his ma, but it's all grand now.

Vicky went off to Spain a few weeks back to stay with Debbie's ma after she found out Math had a one night stand with Danni.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Non is Mark's half sister. Mark's dad had an affair with Non's ma while he was still married to Kath. Non turned up in the village looking for Mark, bit of a mystery to her a little while before she told Mark who she really was. Mark didn't want to know at first in case of hurting his ma, but it's all grand now.

Vicky went off to Spain a few weeks back to stay with Debbie's ma after she found out Math had a one night stand with Danni.

Thanks. :)

Gwyneth is just pure evil. I hate her so much! Poor DJ and Sioned - no matter what happens, this is going to ruin their friendship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

She's a kant but what annoys me more is the sheer stupidity of Sioned and Vicky taking her word for it.

Given all she's done they don't expect it's a setup to cause trouble? It makes zero sense from a story line continuation POV

• Advertisement

I think Sioned believes it because Gwyneth did actually interfere with Sioned, so she can feel that something happened. And when Gwyneth told Vicky, she sent her to speak to Sioned who confirmed to Vicky that she felt as if something had been done to her even thought she can't remember what exactly. I can totally believe both of them falling for Gwyneth's lies in this instance.

It's an interesting spin on this sort of storyline because you can see how a false accusation can be made against someone where the victim believes the accusation they're making. As the audience we realise both DJ and Sioned are victims here, and regardless what happens, even if the real truth eventually comes out, both their reputations are completely ruined - and Sioned obviously wasn't in great standing as it was, but I do think she was genuinely trying to be a better person.

I found the Eifion being gay storyline so bloody stupid. Not a hint of it for years and he a proper womaniser, it's nothing short of twist for the sake of a storyline and ruined a decent character.

If they made him bisexual in self it would be more interesting

I stopped watching again a few weeks ago, because I felt none of the stories were going anywhere, but agree with you about Eifion.

Once the DJ/Sioned/Gwyneth stuff wrapped up, I really didn't have interest in what was going on. Never warmed to Sheryl as a character, so didn't even care that she was killed or who killed her.

Has S4C gone off the Sky flatform? Channel 134 isn’t there anymore.

I have not seen this since Xmas day due to a death in the family and even thinking of it.

Now I just recorded last week's omnibus.

Have I missed anything major?

• Advertisement

Who murdered Sheryl in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Bloody Sky have reoved SC4 from my package without notification or consultation.

Production cancelled, along with all other BBC continuing dramas, due to health and safety over Coronavirus.

No word yet on how this will change the schedule, but I imagine they'll cut back the amount of episodes they air per week, as EastEnders and Fair City are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Production cancelled, along with all other BBC continuing dramas, due to health and safety over Coronavirus.

No word yet on how this will change the schedule, but I imagine they'll cut back the amount of episodes they air per week, as EastEnders and Fair City are doing.

Have you SC4? I had it but Sky removed it. I believe that ITV and other British commercial tv stations have developed an issue about Irish people receiving their tv while not contributing by licence fee. Do you know anything about that? I would have thought exposure to their advertisements kept their glass half full. And I would have thought ithat Welsh language groups would be happy to have SC4 beamed to the small handful of Irish people who have an interest in Welsh.

feargale wrote: »
    Have you SC4? I had it but Sky removed it. I believe that ITV and other British commercial tv stations have developed an issue about Irish people receiving their tv while not contributing by licence fee. Do you know anything about that? I would have thought exposure to their advertisements kept their glass half full. And I would have thought ithat Welsh language groups would be happy to have SC4 beamed to the small handful of Irish people who have an interest in Welsh.

No don't have S4C anymore unfortunately, and haven't watched Pobol y Cwm in ages actually, but every now and again I dip in and out of it via the BBC iPlayer.

The only soaps I still follow every episode are Ros na Run, Fair City, EastEnders, and Emmerdale, bit will drop in to some of the others for a week or so every now and then, especially of I know there's something big happening (Neighbours 35th Anniversary this week for example).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can still tune in S4C on Sky if you want to; same with all the ITVs

Schedule update: from week starting March 30th, they're scaling back to airing just 2 episodes a week instead of the usual 5. Those episodes will be aired on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Decided to start watching again, now that they're back after being off-air after lockdown.

Think they've done a really fantastic job with the lockdown episodes, reminded me that the Pobol y Cwm writers seem to have a more consistent quality than the rest of the soaps.

Advertisement