Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lads....Thurs Night!

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

krd wrote: »
    jtsuited, just call her a hater and be done with it.

or a begrudger?

only pullin yer leg jt:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

btw, Veruca Salt. Is there a vested interest going on here? How did this thread come to your attention as you've been a member of boards for a good year and a half and your only previous post was about some travel thing.

Probably best to state if you do (or don't) now because we've already had a rant come out that turns out what fairly significantly motivated by such a vested interest. Although to be fair to Dav, he did declare it pretty soon after.

typical Irish begrudgery tbh. Haters be hatin. etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

jtsuited wrote: »
    btw, Veruca Salt. Is there a vested interest going on here? How did this thread come to your attention as you've been a member of boards for a good year and a half and your only previous post was about some travel thing.

It's called Google Alerts. And it's something you have to be careful of. When you have Google alerts set up - anyone writes anything about you on the interweb and you find out nearly instantaneously - mirror, mirror, on the wall stuff. So be careful who you bitch about or how you spell their name.

Veruca probably works for MCD or something.

She probably does Goorilla Morketing for them.

Maybe she's the girl on fade street that looks like a bluebottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Okay lads, it took me a while to dcipher what Veruca was trying to say and now it's so blatant to me. It really was staring all of us in the face and think really we should lock this thread because we have being utterly subhuman.

J90 are special needs. They have been trying to cope throughout this time with their severe disabilities and here we are getting into some nonsense debate about good and bad exposure. You go, my couragous little princes and fight strong!

So brave. So, so brave...

Just, just give me a minute to compose myself....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Just watching the rest of the first episode of Fade Street.

Dani meets Louise for the first time ...

"Oh yeah, hey, how's it going, do you have a boyfriend ..."

And this is not interpreted as a come on ...

Solid comedy gold, right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Okay lads, it took me a while to dcipher what Veruca was trying to say and now it's so blatant to me. It really was staring all of us in the face and think really we should lock this thread because we have being utterly subhuman.

J90 are special needs. They have been trying to cope throughout this time with their severe disabilities and here we are getting into some nonsense debate about good and bad exposure. You go, my couragous little princes and fight strong!

Dragged back in again for keeping quiet :) im not debating.... it was just a heads up from me and a "have no idea" what the show is gonna be like type thing keep an open mind etc.. and I got lynched, never had run ins with anyone here before just try and help if I can every now and then.... ive learned and moved on....

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭veruca salt

Probably best to state if you do (or don't) now because we've already had a rant come out that turns out what fairly significantly motivated by such a vested interest. Although to be fair to Dav, he did declare it pretty soon after.

Firstly, damn you and your agreement with my rant, I was happy with my bitterness and contempt for your arrogance and yet your agreement is somewhat endearing. I am not happy.

Secondly, I rarely use boards but a poster on one of the other fora I use had posted a link to this thread as part of our b1tching about the show, whilst reading the thread I found I couldn't focus on the discussion because I was... mesmerised (?) by your posts. My eyes were saucers, my mouth was hanging open- it was arrogance on a scale that I had never before seen embodied in such a limited number of posts. I felt it was my duty to let you know that your arrogance was something best kept to yourself, I was compelled to do so, for the good of all mankind. And now it turns out you already know that you present as an arrogant twat. I am gutted.

Actually spat my tea out! Ha!

Firstly, damn you and your agreement with my rant, I was happy with my bitterness and contempt for your arrogance and yet your agreement is somewhat endearing. I am not happy.

Secondly, I rarely use boards but a poster on one of the other fora I use had posted a link to this thread as part of our b1tching about the show, whilst reading the thread I found I couldn't focus on the discussion because I was... mesmerised (?) by your posts. My eyes were saucers, my mouth was hanging open- it was arrogance on a scale that I had never before seen embodied in such a limited number of posts. I felt it was my duty to let you know that your arrogance was something best kept to yourself, I was compelled to do so, for the good of all mankind. And now it turns out you already know that you present as an arrogant twat. I am gutted.

haha, to be fair, you did come in on a fairly unfortunate topic, if you don't want to see some internet smartarses getting high and mighty about a sh1t tv show.

I'm pretty sure you're coming on to me in a round about way too.:p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Bom_Chicka_Wah_Wah!_lynx_advert_bebo_skin.gif

In there like swimwear.

PMI wrote: »
    Dragged back in again for keeping quiet :) im not debating.... it was just a heads up from me and a "have no idea" what the show is gonna be like type thing keep an open mind etc.. and I got lynched, never had run ins with anyone here before just try and help if I can every now and then.... ive learned and moved on....

Ah PMI, I was just pulling your chain, I wasn't really calling you mentallers. Jtsuited's the mentaller, he's in Mensa or something…

Just for the record, pulling your chain is just an expression. I wouldn't put J90, or mentallers, in chains. I thought I better clear that up.

haha, to be fair, you did come in on a fairly unfortunate topic, if you don't want to see some internet smartarses getting high and mighty about a sh1t tv show.

And on that note, *shudders*, my work here is done, although I have checked out your blog (my name is Veruca and I am a cyber stalker) and while I am offering unwanted criticism I seriously suggest you tone down the pretension there too, condescension is nowhere near as appealling as you seem to think it is.

And on that note, *shudders*, my work here is done, although I have checked out your blog (my name is Veruca and I am a cyber stalker) and while I am offering unwanted criticism I seriously suggest you tone down the pretension there too, condescension is nowhere near as appealling as you seem to think it is.

definite come on.

definite come on.

BLATANT!

sharon-stone-basic-instinct.jpg

Embarrassingly pretentious but funny, that's something at least. Perhaps you won't die alone being eaten by cats in your Mensa t-shirt.

Perhaps you won't die alone being eaten by cats in your Mensa t-shirt.

we can only dream....

sorry jt, only pullin yer plum

Not that the cats would be in your Mensa t-shirt to be clear, you would be in your t-shirt, they would just be in the room.

Embarrassingly pretentious but funny, that's something at least. Perhaps you won't die alone being eaten by cats in your Mensa t-shirt.

Well we're certainly seeing a few of your existential fears here anywho. And sure at least I won't die with the cats hungry.

Btw, just before things get out of hand here, I am flattered, but I have a missus. Maybe next year.

• Advertisement

Well we're certainly seeing a few of your existential fears here anywho. And sure at least I won't die with the cats hungry.

Btw, just before things get out of hand here, I am flattered, but I have a missus. Maybe next year.

I am devestated, there are no words.

I am devestated, there are no words.

Nonsense, there's loads of words. Aardvark, ant, asparagus, em, atlas, eh, aviation…

…trust me there's loads of them!

Nonsense, there's loads of words. Aardvark, ant, asparagus, em, atlas, eh, aviation…

you're just qouting from a book....

you're just qouting from a book....

True, but none profound enough to express my grief at not being able to have a roide on jtmensad, heartbroken I am. My husband is going to be devestated too, oh the threesome we had planned, it was going to be wonderfully pretentious.... :(

His loss though...

oh the threesome we had planned, it was going to be wonderfully pretentious.... :(

His loss though...

i just have a horrible image of the 3 of you sitting around naked talking about how good at roidin you all are...

i just have a horrible image of the 3 of you sitting around naked talking about how good at roidin you all are...

And which type of exposure would be good…

I'm still trying to get my head round this.....the way I see it is....

High and mighty internet wise-ass pontificating about integrity, yadda yadda yadda.
    Unknown girl comes along and says 'hey your arrogance is shocking, etc.'
    Internet wise-ass says 'yeah probably'
    Unknown girl says 'oh....well er, dunno what way that makes me feel, i find it endearing or something'
    Internet wise-ass says 'are you coming on to me?'
    Unknown girl says 'Shudder....your blog's pretentious and consdescending etc.'
    Internet wise-ass says 'yeah I'm pretty sure you're coming on to me. You seem intrigued by me enough to stalk me on the interwebz'

Then there's some mention of threesomes, some semi-nudity and Android reciting the dictionary.

So the question is, is any exposure good exposure?

not if its in front of a bunch of 12 year old school girls i wouldnt imagine...

not if its in front of a bunch of 12 year old school girls i wouldnt imagine...

or under a Cara magazine.

topical ZING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

Ask Larry Murphy......

Then there's some mention of threesomes, some semi-nudity and Android reciting the dictionary.

Hey man, I wasn't reciting no dictionary, that was my full on improvisitional floetry!

I once exposed myself. It wasn't good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Okay ladies and gentlemen can we please keep the dodgy pictures out of this thread?

Malice_ wrote: »
    Okay ladies and gentlemen can we please keep the dodgy pictures out of this thread?

But geriatric love is so beautiful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

But geriatric love is so beautiful...
    Beautiful isn't the word I'd use to describe it :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

All female to male exposure is excellent exposure, granted the female is attractive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement