Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best vst instruments for ableton

Options
  • 31-08-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

hi,

i'm currently using reason & ableton live 6. i like reason alot but the downfall is that you cannot use vst instruments & have audio tracks. also the sound produced in reason isnt as pro sounding as ableton.

I just have a quick question. what are the best vst instuments for ableton to produce electronic house, minimal techno & maybe some trance?

any help or tips are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Most Native Instrument VSTs, Arturia ones also sound amazing, Imposcar, Z3ta+, Rob Papen Blue and Predator....

Theres lots really. Go to http://www.kvraudio.com/ratings.php and search for plugins that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

cheers mate,

was wondering if theres a vst instrument similar to reasons matric pattern sequencer? also another like reasons redrum

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

Native Instruments battery is quite similar to the redrum bro.

A lot of VST's have built-in Step sequencers similar to the matrix,

Native Instruments Massive, <---recommended
    Sonik Synth 2
    Linplug Crono
    Reaktor

cheers,

thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

cheers mate,

was wondering if theres a vst instrument similar to reasons matric pattern sequencer? also another like reasons redrum

cheers

any midi clip you open in ableton is the exact same as the matrix sequencer.

And any midi clip on an impulse track will be infinitely handier to program than the old hardware drum-machine style ReDrum pattern editor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Can't you rewire reason in something audio based liked cubase?

yeah you can rewire by creating a midi & audio track in ableton & rewiring them to reason. It eats up alot of your systems resorces though i'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

No offence jessconr but I think you have things backwards if you think Reason has poor sound quality and excellent arrangment tools.
    the sound produced in reason isnt as pro sounding as ableton
    Many people would disagree with that statement. A lot of "pros" still use, and love Reason. If your computer has a half decent processor and a gig of ram, it should eat up most rewire tasks without much effort, and either way, your reason inputs can be bounced down to audio in Live, so its no big deal.

Considering the fantastic selection of sounds you can get from Reason, such as the multisampled pianos, strings etc, I think it would be naive to write it off as a sound source because rewire is a bit fiddley and takes up a bit extra cpu.

At the same time, if you dont need fantastic multisampled instruments, you could happily shelf Reason and just use plug-ins.

There are tons and tons of vsts available and for synths it often comes down to personal taste. Personally, for synths, I use Zebra 2 because it does everything, but also Ableton Operator because it is so well integrated with Live.

Impulse can be used a bit like redrum, just redrum on speed, with more control and features. Just loop the midi part in session view and draw in your beats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wschweizer

I think Plex is one of the best software synthesizers, and it is completely free.
    http://plex.hermannseib.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭LeBash

Sylenth would be my 2 cent. Some great YouTube videos on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement