Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to release a single on Itunes, Sony, Wippit etc etc

• 22-08-2006 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hello all,
    I've been browsing the net with no avail to find out even some basic info about how to put the first steps in place to release a single via downloads that will register in the charts. As far as I know providers that can do this are Itunes, Vodafone, Eircom, Sony, Connect, Wippit and Bleep and there may be many more.

I'm looking for a steer to a resource or some advice regarding how I sign up with them, how much of my cash they pillage per song etc and basically any other stuff I need to know. Feedback much appreciated.
    Thanks y'all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

cheers
    any idea how difficult it is for unsigned bands to get stuff up there? Is it just a matter of going through the re-tape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

er...'red'-tape that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

It's extremely hard to get anything on these sites there is something called Digital Rights Management which you need to get past first which involves a third party company it's really complicated my publisher tried to explain it to me but it went completely over my head so I just let him get on with it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 janine@rmgchart

Hi, you can check our website - we release music digitally worldwide, and sales count towards the charts - check out www.rmgchart.ie. For the irish chart, you need a physical and download single available before it counts towards the official chart, but digital only releases can still be made available for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 maggiethatcher

I've recently submitted a track to iTunes and was very pleased with the service offered by http://www.mdmarecords.net as they allow you to submit spoken word, comedy etc aswell as songs/tunes.
    and they don't take any revenue from your sales.
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Tunecore:

Simply sign up, pay €30, upload your album and artwork, they will generate a upc for you, so easy so simple.

The album is in itunes worldwide and napster rhapsody etc...

only downside is that it takes at-least a month and a half b4 it shows up on the sites. so far i have collected royalties so yes its simple.. You can even add a single and extra tracks if you want!

Really good experience in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hook yourself with a digital distribution company and let them do it

Advertisement