Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amoma ceased trading

Options
  • 15-09-2019 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Booked hotel on Amoma.com earlier this week, got email notification friday night that they have ceased trading, same statement on their website now.

Contacted hotel and the havent received the full payment they only have the reservation dates.

Contacted my bank they have told me submit a transaction dispute form as I have no way to contact the company now.... not holding my breath.

Anyone had similar experience? What was the outcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Bank will refund full payment.

You will have to make a fresh booking with either another third party or the hotel itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galway_guy_33

Bank will refund full payment.

You will have to make a fresh booking with either another third party or the hotel itself.

The bank will refund for sure? Gonna try the charge back on the credit card as it was only booked 4 days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 32 korec

Just curious did you get a refund after from the bank. I'm going through the same process at the moment only I didn't notice that amoma had ceased trading till the last week so only going through the transaction dispute form now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

korec wrote: »
    Just curious did you get a refund after from the bank. I'm going through the same process at the moment only I didn't notice that amoma had ceased trading till the last week so only going through the transaction dispute form now

I'm in a similar postion, used Amoma to book a room back in August. Only noticed this week that they had ceased trading when I went to print the booking reference. Contacted hotel, they never got the payment.

I paid with debit card so won't hold my breath on getting it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 korec

I'm in a similar postion, used Amoma to book a room back in August. Only noticed this week that they had ceased trading when I went to print the booking reference. Contacted hotel, they never got the payment.

I paid with debit card so won't hold my breath on getting it back.

Surprisingly enough I got it back within a few days of sending it back to BOI. I had everything lined up though as pretty much they had requested in the dispute form in terms of cover letter explaining the story, proof that company had ceased trading, proof that I had been charged for it, proof that the hotel had not received payment for it. Sent it in on a Thursday and had received refund by the following Tuesday. Paid for with debit card too. I was lucky as I had paid for it back in July and I was running out of days (120 days from transaction allowable)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

korec wrote: »
    Surprisingly enough I got it back within a few days of sending it back to BOI. I had everything lined up though as pretty much they had requested in the dispute form in terms of cover letter explaining the story, proof that company had ceased trading, proof that I had been charged for it, proof that the hotel had not received payment for it. Sent it in on a Thursday and had received refund by the following Tuesday. Paid for with debit card too. I was lucky as I had paid for it back in July and I was running out of days (120 days from transaction allowable)

I have proof that the company has ceased trading, there is proof on my account that I paid for it and I have an email from the hotel confirming they never received the payment so fingers crossed I am as lucky as you.

Advertisement