Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 weeks in China

Options
  • 14-11-2019 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

So nothing is booked but im looking to go somewhere for approx two weeks in april.

a few options we have considered was India, Bali, Cuba, Thailand, Sri-Lanka

Flight to all apart from Sri-Lanka are quite expensive for the dates (april 4th to the 18th

I have always been fascinated with China and would love to visit.

Is 2 weeks enough? is it expensive? Is it easy to travel around

I was thinking of flying into Beijing, it seems the most viable...

Any recommendations??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi All,

So nothing is booked but im looking to go somewhere for approx two weeks in april.

a few options we have considered was India, Bali, Cuba, Thailand, Sri-Lanka

Flight to all apart from Sri-Lanka are quite expensive for the dates (april 4th to the 18th

I have always been fascinated with China and would love to visit.

Is 2 weeks enough? is it expensive? Is it easy to travel around

I was thinking of flying into Beijing, it seems the most viable...

Any recommendations??

What are you looking for in a Trip?
    There is plenty of historical sites in Beijing to fill your time if that is what you like.

Beijing is a big city and so wouldn't be for me for a two week holiday you could do a few days in Beijing and some time in shanghai but both are major cities.

Shanghai has a some theme parks such as Disneyland if that is of interest to keep you entertained.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get out into the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Have you considered Thailand ?

Thai new year is start of April and it is effectively a public water fight, certainly a bit of fun and an experience to talk about.

Im afraid I can't advise on China.

When I do research on a travel destination, I research what the weather is like at that time of year, then search places of significance, popular tourist places, then hidden gems, restaurants etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

spurious wrote: »
    Get out into the countryside.

100% this. I did a month in Vietnam and the cities (apart from Hanoi and maybe HoiAn) were my least favourite

I anticipate an active trip

I want to be able to plan and move around see as much landscape as possible.

I know china is huuuge im just wondering lets say I went to SHanghai or try and see the tianzi mountains and much more is 2 weeks feasible?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Sorry no suggestions, just bookmarking this as I'll probably be going to China soonish and am looking for a couple of ideas.

I'd very much like to see some non "city" ideas too - one that I've noticed (but I know nothing about it, just seems interesting and is in the same general region as where we'll be going) is Guilin. Has anyone been there and is it as picturesque as it's described?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

I've done Sri Lanka, Cuba, Bali and China..... Vastly different offerings.

Beijing..4 days max and that only cos it takes all day to go out to the wall and back. You'll have enough of it.

Trains are easy in China but book before you go and get the tickets delivered to your hotel, it's only a small mark up. But will save you language issues in the stations. You can readily cover Beijing, Xian and Shanghai in 2 weeks, and do a circle to on trains to the three.

Advertisement