Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tralee areas

Options
  • 07-02-2018 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to Tralee and looking at places in these areas:

Killeen Heights
    Highfield Grove , Cahererslee
    An Sean Mhuíleann apartments (google says there's student accommodation near here? Would it be very noisy?)
    Racecourse Lawn
    Ashleigh Downs
    Oakview Village

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the above areas/houses in them are like?

I'm moving down for work so I don't want somewhere that will be really noisy with students during the week and I'm hoping to find somewhere that has at least a centra or something like that nearby and wouldn't be too dark and isolated walking home late at night

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I'm moving to Tralee and looking at places in these areas:

Killeen Heights
    Highfield Grove , Cahererslee
    An Sean Mhuíleann apartments (google says there's student accommodation near here? Would it be very noisy?)
    Racecourse Lawn
    Ashleigh Downs
    Oakview Village

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what the above areas/houses in them are like?

I'm moving down for work so I don't want somewhere that will be really noisy with students during the week and I'm hoping to find somewhere that has at least a centra or something like that nearby and wouldn't be too dark and isolated walking home late at night

It wouldn’t be right for people to say whether a place isnt nice publicly, just to be fair to those who do live there. But It would be ok if anyone wants to PM you though.

Just to say, and Sean Mhuileann Is an apartment complex in the centre of town and has a lot of students renting there. There are non students living there too though. I don’t know how noisy it is.

I would say all of the above are decent areas. They would all have shops nearby and are all well lit busy areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    Just to say, and Sean Mhuileann Is an apartment complex in the centre of town and has a lot of students renting there. There are non students living there too though. I don’t know how noisy it is.

It wouldn’t be right for people to say whether a place isnt nice publicly, just to be fair to those who do live there. But It would be ok if anyone wants to PM you though.

I would say all of the above are decent areas. They would all have shops nearby and are all well lit busy areas.

Ok great thanks. If anyone wants to pm me it would be much appreciated.
    I've never been to Tralee except for my interview so I'm very clueless about the town!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Ok great thanks. If anyone wants to pm me it would be much appreciated.
    I've never been to Tralee except for my interview so I'm very clueless about the town!

All the areas mentioned are within walking distance of the town centre (20 minutes max) and local shops. Sean Mhuileann is the most central to the town centre. Its also opposite the train/bus station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

Hi lads moving to tralee end of the year..

Looking at buying a one bedroom apartment..

I am wondering to apartments in tralee are nice and what areas should be avoided..

Ideally I want a one bedroom apartment as I am single but will buy a two bedroom if the right one pops up.!

Ivy Terrace apartment block looks fine to me, any one have any experience in these apartments ?

All recommendations and help are greatly appreciated

Closing thread as its 3 years old. Please don't post across multiple threads. MOD

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement