Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone finding Managerial Masterpiece unplayable today?

Constant freezing and lag during games.

It's been horrendous for me all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

BrentMused wrote: »

Twice been playing rivals twice wining. 1st time gae actually over and i get kicked log back in get dnf and second time 2-0 up same sh1t. Its killing me an i only need 300 points to get back into gold 1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pogba best pull from the Ultimate pack.

Lloris and Yedder from the double 81+ pick.

All the French lads but the one id want :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Opened that free pack, some guy from that south american thing, waste of time

Doing the friendlies objectives to pass the time, Neves, the Eredivisie, etc, i take it the golden goal is officially over, ha

Golden goal is def over, I got all 15 wins for neves over last 2 or 3 days and only got 1 person quit at 1-0

I had people who I was 8-1 up against hang on strangely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

An 85 Thiago Silva my best player in that free ultimate pack... followed by 2x 83s and that’s it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

IF Bale out of my free pack, I'll take that but would've liked to have been able to sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

All the above and the matches resemble Pinball, ball constantly deflecting off players in every direction, just have to hope it drops to me so i might score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Opened that free pack, some guy from that south american thing, waste of time

Doing the friendlies objectives to pass the time, Neves, the Eredivisie, etc, i take it the golden goal is officially over, ha

Golden Goal was only ever done for the Icon Swap Objectives. Standrd Objectives in Managerial Masterpiece or the likes of Gunedouzi, Reinier etc have never been Golden Goal.
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    Golden goal is def over, I got all 15 wins for neves over last 2 or 3 days and only got 1 person quit at 1-0
    I had people who I was 8-1 up against hang on strangely

The Dutch League Objective requires you to just play 20 games, so might be why people keep playing as it ticks a game off that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Got 90 Rui Costa in my free ultimate pack so very happy. Will be totally wasted on me as a division 4/5 player but will keep me interested in the game for another month. Anyone played with this player before?

Frisbee wrote: »
    Golden Goal was only ever done for the Icon Swap Objectives. Standrd Objectives in Managerial Masterpiece or the likes of Gunedouzi, Reinier etc have never been Golden Goal.

The Dutch League Objective requires you to just play 20 games, so might be why people keep playing as it ticks a game off that.

Yeah I suppose it’s who you come up against, but doing the fofanna, Reiner, Dutch and Benedetto objectives recently I generally got 1 out of about 3 games where if I went 1 up they quit. I very rarely got past 2 up.
    With neves it was different, I had 4 or 5 games against all prem teams where I was 4 or 5 up by half time. I know the requirement includes 30 prem goals too so they were probably hanging on to try add a goal or 2 but when I’m playing, if someone is 5 up on me by half time they’re clearer a lot better so I’ll bail, and try get an easier opponent.

And yeah I came up against 1 or 2 of the eredivise lads, who just put the controller down, very handy for getting the crosses and stuff done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Played a Managerial Masterpiece game this morning trying to make some inroads into the Benedetto objective which I’ve really been struggling with in particular the win requirement.

Came up against a guy - doing the Eredivisie milestone objective, who sent me a message even before the game started, asking me to leave, then again as soon as match started. He went 1-0 up - another message telling me to quit. Messages stopped when he went 2 up, probably thought he’d cruise to his win which he was so desperately wanting. Got it back to 2-2, we both missed penalties, then I went 3-2 up before it went to 3-3. Won the match 5-3 with my last two goals being own goals - hilarious! No more messages!

Really annoys me when people just expect/demand you quit. I would have quit when going 1 down but not when opponent demands it even before the match starts and certainly not when you bombard me with messages to quit which case you’re going the full 90!

Only 14 wins needed now for Benedetto, will probably get him finished by FIFA 23 at this rate, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I suppose it’s who you come up against, but doing the fofanna, Reiner, Dutch and Benedetto objectives recently I generally got 1 out of about 3 games where if I went 1 up they quit. I very rarely got past 2 up.
    With neves it was different, I had 4 or 5 games against all prem teams where I was 4 or 5 up by half time. I know the requirement includes 30 prem goals too so they were probably hanging on to try add a goal or 2 but when I’m playing, if someone is 5 up on me by half time they’re clearer a lot better so I’ll bail, and try get an easier opponent.

And yeah I came up against 1 or 2 of the eredivise lads, who just put the controller down, very handy for getting the crosses and stuff done :)

It's actually counter productive to do GG for some of those. For example how are you ever going to get 2 goals in a game with Reinier if everyone is doing GG etc.

Now I'm the same if I'm getting battered I will just quit and move onto the next game but can understand why people don't. I had the Eredivisie one done with a few games to spare so was handy to just start a game and leave the controller down and let the other person do their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got 90 Rui Costa in my free ultimate pack so very happy. Will be totally wasted on me as a division 4/5 player but will keep me interested in the game for another month. Anyone played with this player before?

Packed him at the weekend in the player pick. He's not the worst, I play him CM with a catalyst but he could also play as a CAM with Hunter.

Only played to 14 this week. Red Ronaldo continues to be amazing. Butra was brilliant too; I said last week that I didn't feel Messi at 4m was twice the player for Puskas or Eto'o at 2m each. But Butra from the Icon SBC was an absolute baller for me, which frees up coins for elsewhere.

Not on the screenshot is my love of TOTY Davies too. Absolutely awesome at LB. My favorite things was how often people stood off him to try and mark crosses, only for him to have a free chance to curl in a shot from the corner of the box effortlessly.

hjPv3uN.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've got his 88, he's slower than you'll want but if you can play with him he can ping a ball about and scores some great goals. I normally have him as a static CAM and pace from the wings or in a midfield 3 as the attacking but immobile one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I have over 50 packs to open but I have an 86 David Silva sitting in my dupes list with no more quick sell recovery for the last week. I guess I'm saving for TOTS :pac:

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Played a Managerial Masterpiece game this morning trying to make some inroads into the Benedetto objective which I’ve really been struggling with in particular the win requirement.

Came up against a guy - doing the Eredivisie milestone objective, who sent me a message even before the game started, asking me to leave, then again as soon as match started. He went 1-0 up - another message telling me to quit. Messages stopped when he went 2 up, probably thought he’d cruise to his win which he was so desperately wanting. Got it back to 2-2, we both missed penalties, then I went 3-2 up before it went to 3-3. Won the match 5-3 with my last two goals being own goals - hilarious! No more messages!

Really annoys me when people just expect/demand you quit. I would have quit when going 1 down but not when opponent demands it even before the match starts and certainly not when you bombard me with messages to quit which case you’re going the full 90!

Only 14 wins needed now for Benedetto, will probably get him finished by FIFA 23 at this rate, lol

8 wins left for Neves, only doing it to pass the time, anyway i got at least 15 msg's requesting golden goal, no problem i say, its all good until i score 1st then golden goal is no longer an option

8 wins left for Neves, only doing it to pass the time, anyway i got at least 15 msg's requesting golden goal, no problem i say, its all good until i score 1st then golden goal is no longer an option

Thankfully I don’t get these requests a lot but when I have in the past the guy asking doesn’t hold up his end of the deal so now I just tend to ignore them.

I got Neves and What If Guendouzi done pretty quickly and most of the way through the Eredivisie Foundations II Milestones but for whatever reason, really struggling with Benedetto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

if they score disconnect. **** those guys.
    I was doing the Serie A challenge and I met a guy who didn't quit after I scored. Fair enough so I scored 2 then he quit.
    Played him again and said I'd give him the win so scored OG and quit.
    About 10 mins later met him again...this time he scored..and get this...he paused the game for me to quit :D
    Obviously I didn't and rubber banded my controller. So he had a nice 22 min game instead of the normal 12-14 minutes. :pac:

Came up again potm Messi...didnt seem like too much trouble.
    Also game settings seemed to have reset over the weekend so had to redo all my custom views and controller settings.

So put my last remaining fodder into the future what if obj and Yuri Berchice walked out, happy with that as it suits my la liga team, but now i got him and Estepuinen at LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Anyone done the flashback Joe Hart, any use? Currently have Alisson

CSWS101 wrote: »

I'd worry there's a reason everyone uses Nick Pope. People value their goalkeeper slot very low. Unless your English or a City fan (or, I guess, a Spurs one), I can't see why you'd spend 130k on a goalkeeper like him. I personally have baby VDS and can't see me changing him unless I pack some god tier card.

He's not going to be a massive upgrade on Alisson, imo. And he probably is harder to chem into teams than him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,257 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

given i am now perma banned from the transfer market im relying on easy sbcs and pack luck :D

just packed What if Jovic (nice sub but im running a la liga / EPL team so cant fit him in starting line up) and what if Wass, looks a very nice player, doesnt fit perfectly but if he gets the upgrade ill have to get him in some way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

After the WL before last, I decided to take a break as I just wasn't enjoying the gameplay. Logged in last Friday to open rewards for Div Rivals & FUT Champs. Packed nothing.

Logged in today to get my free mega pack with Nemanja Matic as my best player.

Go to complete the What IF SBC, meet the requirements, submit it, kicked from ultimate team, reconnect, submit it, kicked from ultimate team, reconnect, submit it, kicked from ultimate team, reconnect, change the team, submit and packed 80 rated Andre.

Go to complete the double 81 player pick SBC, meet the requirements, submit it, kicked from ultimate team, reconnect, submit it, kicked from ultimate team, reconnect, change the team, submit it and get 6 useless choices.

They're really trying to reel me back in. I was thinking of going for Prime Cole from icon swaps, but now I think I might as well swing for the fences as my interest has fallen off a cliff with the useless gameplay. I'll just take a chance on the prime/moment icon pack, and uninstall the game when I get Inzaghi or someone equally useless :D

EFL II objectives added to Milestones so we should expect the MLS soon as following the first round it seems

CSWS101 wrote: »

I read a lot of reviews as I was interested in doing him and the general consensus is he's not worth anything near the cost.

He only has 70 reactions which is very low for a top tier GK and he is similar to Neuer in that he tries to save the ball with his feet often which as a custom animation is a disaster in the game.

If you haven't tried gold Ederson yet I'd encourage you to give him a go. I've used pretty much every top tier non Icon GK in the game for extended periods of time and he's the only one that consistently bails me out.

Weekend League Plus back this weekend.

Which is a good sign of what level of TOTW we're getting this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Weekend League Plus back this weekend.

Which is a good sign of what level of TOTW we're getting this week...

Ugh, I know I'll end up playing to 16 wins and regret bothering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

RTTF Anderson getting upgraded to an 88 with that Porto win over Juventus for those that did his sbc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

RTTF Anderson getting upgraded to an 88 with that Porto win over Juventus for those that did his sbc.

I've been using him off the bench since I done him. That's an expected second upgrade, they done well to survive that.

Got a draft token off a pack and went 4/4 thanks to TOTY Mane, unreal card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Recommend picking up 86 TIF Ajorque as an investment while he is still in packs before 6pm. Currently going for about 38k on xbox, the next lowest priced 86 rated french player is Digne at 52K currently and Ajorque SIF was selling for about 40k normally.

I picked up 13 of them. Not only being French but also being a ligue 1 player with the Ligue 1 POTM coming out next week, there should be plenty of demand for him. Also the 86 rating will likely be needed as its likely to be Mbappe or Yedder meaning higher requirements for the SBC.

The pack supply from the double packs has driven his price way lower then it should be, so it really seems as bankable an investment as there is right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

EA could be in some deep trouble here

The Problem with something like this is they will punish 1 or 2 low level employees and claim they are putting oversight in to prevent such actions from happening in the future. Nothing will actually be done to punish the players who exploited this and those cards will stay out there in the wild.

What makes this worse is the knock on effect that these cards have on the entire game. It means there were far more of these card out in the wild then there should have been based on the pack weight. It also means Pro players competing at the top 200 in WL needed to spend even more money to get the best players and compete at that level and that effect trickles down to the entire player base. With all of use requiring better teams to feel like we are able to compete. There is also the fact that this clearly impacted the coin price of TOTY players value as there is reduced demand on the market.

I have said it many times that FUT isn't even pay to win, its pay to compete.

Had to try it before it expired :(
    Only cost me 49k with my fodder.

6206464-F-47-D3-4-DAA-9-D45-FECB9-E6472-A1.jpg

I’ve had Kaka every year since fifa18 and his EoaE card.
    I still have it actually.
    Got his prime last year and it was fantastic but damn if they couldn’t have given me something different for a change.
    Loved Raul as a player and his prime was brilliant 2 years ago. Now it’s clunky as hell.

Noticed that the market crashed a lot so I said I'd buy CR7, Future Stars Kulusewski & What If Berchiche. That would give me a front four of Mbappe (RAM), Neymar (CAM), Kulu (LAM), CR7 (ST) - four meta players and I can go into 4-4-2, 5-2-1-2, 4-1-2-1-2 narrow or 4-2-3-1 (my usual).

I decided to play a few games and literally the first game, 12 shots to 3, 66% possession...3-3.

Same reason I decided to stop playing. I attack & dominate all game, get done on the counter with some broken 90 yard through ball or a player glitching through a tackle so the opponent literally scores from every attack. Losing games to people who have at least 9 men behind the ball is very frustrating.

I feel like all I do is complain about the gameplay now. I want to like FIFA 21, but Jesus, it's utter sh*te at times.

• Advertisement

Reds:

81 Jo Hyeon, 81 Guilbert, 79 McClaren
    81 Jo Heyon, 83 Romarinho, 84 Kampl

Chose Guilbert and Kampl.

WL rewards: few 83s but nothing of note.

Rivals: Benzema, SMS, Muller. Loads of good fodder this week. Actually got Benzema twice, both untradeable, which is frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got 90 Kane & 84 Kaml. Kane can go straight into an Icon SBC if they ever release a decent one

G3 Rewards:

76 Allevinah
    83 Kaderabek
    81 David

78 Larsson
    86 Zahavi
    83 Sanchez

No red Luke Shaw for me, 2 more chances with the player picks this weekend!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Saw last night a few league SBC's expired and were removed, Serie A, MLS, and some others. Are they now gone completely or will they come back with different rewards?

87 Mahrez & 86 Zahavi

Decent SBC Fodder so can't complain, I'll save them for an SBC where there is a guaranteed player that I want.

Took the Coins and selling everything from the tradable packs. Just building coins now toward a top Icon striker.

Given that we have so many Puskas fans here, has anyone had the chance to try moments Puskas. It looks like he is dropping in price. Wondering how he compares to the Mid card.

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »
    87 Mahrez & 86 Zahavi

Decent SBC Fodder so can't complain, I'll save them for an SBC where there is a guaranteed player that I want.

Took the Coins and selling everything from the tradable packs. Just building coins now toward a top Icon striker.

Given that we have so many Puskas fans here, has anyone had the chance to try moments Puskas. It looks like he is dropping in price. Wondering how he compares to the Mid card.

He looks amazing. But I would go for Cruyff.
    I’ve noticed since the last patch that Puskas is a small bit off so I’m going to try mid Cruyff which is an amazing card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Saw last night a few league SBC's expired and were removed, Serie A, MLS, and some others. Are they now gone completely or will they come back with different rewards?

The latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Any chance we get some more Icon SBC’s tonight ?

Would be nice if they dropped 3 (Or More) every Thursday

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Any chance we get some more Icon SBC’s tonight ?

Would be nice if they dropped 3 (Or More) every Thursday

I hope so, I’m holding off doing Messi for time being as I’d hate to commit to Messi and then miss out on card I’d really like, like say a prime Best.

If they we’re clever they’d drop 6 icons including 1 or 2 excellent ones at reasonable prices and deflect attention away from the icon selling scandal a little bit

Christ prime Puskas has dropped from 3mill to 2.38 mill.
    Down 600k.
    I should have sold earlier as I would l have been able to get mid Cruyff.

The crash the last week or two has been crazy. Any particular reason for it?

The crash the last week or two has been crazy. Any particular reason for it?

Mainly EA flooding the market by releasing the 2 for 1 packs.

Mainly EA flooding the market by releasing the 2 for 1 packs.

I thought the 2 for 1 packs sold out within a minute.

Would it really have had that much of an effect on the market? I could understand it if there were mass double pack openings, but these seemed to be no more than lightening rounds.

I just saw some people complaining on Twitter about the fact that the 2 for 1 packs sold out instantly, so not sure I have the full story.

I hope so, I’m holding off doing Messi for time being as I’d hate to commit to Messi and then miss out on card I’d really like, like say a prime Best.

If they we’re clever they’d drop 6 icons including 1 or 2 excellent ones at reasonable prices and deflect attention away from the icon selling scandal a little bit

Same here, I want to change up my team a bit, I've been using it for the last 4 weeks or so. Nothing has come along that has me interested. Packing prime Pele really done a number on me (not complaining EA) :D

3 new icon sbc’s. Ballack, schmeichel and rui costa.

None really appeal to me. I’ll see if ligue 1 potm is announced and if it’s not mbappe I might just do the Messi one

• Advertisement
Advertisement