Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT refund timelines

Options
  • 19-03-2019 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All

Anybody have recent experience with VRT claims. Exported a car and sent the documentation through end of January, not even a peep out of the guys.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I applied for VRT refund twice.
    First one took 4 months, and other one took 2 months from posting documents.
    In both cases I got a letter from revenue to my address about 2-3 weeks before payment, asking to let them know in case account number was incorrect.

BTW - did you send all required documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Linomanytsar

Thanks.

Yes I did send the correct documents.

Proof of registration in the UK (Copy of V5C)
    Ferry slip
    NCT VRT Examination Receipt
    VRT EXPORT form

Got a message saying that my claim was being dealt with yesterday afternoon (rather specific).

Advertisement