Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's this quote?

Options
  • 12-03-2019 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Just looking for an opinion on a HKC alarm quote - it's a renovation and alarm wiring is already in place. Thanks

2573la9.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is that the way you got it worded?? :eek:
    Not very detailed for a required system design proposal,
    Seems a little expensive for wired
    Is this for a domestic job?
    If so the 10270 is a little overkill that's a bigger panel more suited to larger commercial jobs.
    Shop around a bit more would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks - it's a domestic job - maybe he has a spare 10270 he needs to get rid of! Quote is from the electrician who did the rewire - renovation/extension. We hadn't commited to an alarm from the beginning but told him to go ahead and wire for one anyway so wiring is already in place. I'll ask for a more detailed breakdown but will definitely shop around a bit.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is this electrician licenced?
    Looking at that quote I wouldn't think. It's lacking a lot of detail. Not to mention conformance to standards, licence number and certification body etc.
    If he is not PSA licenced then you are breaking the law if you employ him.
    Still quite expensive for what you have listed.
    Again I'd advise shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭altor

HKC 10270 is the latest panel.
    The older 1070 can be upgraded to this.

If he is offering 24h monitored alarms he must have certification.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Sounds expensive and the certification is dubious. I`d check the PSA list in your area

• Advertisement
Advertisement