Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday 14 March

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Shemale wrote: »
    Harvey is a Grade A geebag, mentioning Walsh who is showing his horse the hurdle "who had that unfortunate incident earlier", just before he starts a race.

Cumani is now Cesc as they are all BFF, McCoy and Cumani are the only two that should be presenting.

Hoiles is also a good commentator,at least he is up in the commentary area away from the muppets on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Very sad for sir Eric and all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Juxtapose

awful day

Clan des Obeaux to save the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was a monster performance by Minella Indo, pulled the arms off Rachel Blackmore the whole way round and still won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I'm backing Invitation Only for a place (3 places)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The time has come.

GO ON THE PERCY!!!!!

Cue some extreme bull**** now with the Gold Cup next.I have turned down the volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

FFS backed a few of DeBromhead and Blackmore combo this week, but of course not this one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

It's very soft ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

I had kinda resigned myself to this not gonna be a great day for profit but the way it's happening is annoying me.
    1st horse i backed dies.
    2nd horse falls at the last in front (prob would have been beat anyway tho)
    Had Commander and Alhallo, and they can't catch up to a 50-1 shot.

Rachael is a great wee jockey tho, hope she wins the Irish championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

jkbkhhho7t wrote: »
    Absolute ****e from Ruby there, allaho comfortably beat minella indo but like everything else he rode this week taking the longest way around

He was on inside of first two home entering the straight anyway. Came there on the run to the last, every chance, wasn’t good enough. Winner had a bit in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Hazel hill fancied for the 4.10

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

dave81 wrote: »
    Probably go BD on Sir Erec. Haven't had a big one yet. Big in my world is low 3 figures!! I've bank rolled so I've treated it as spent already. Gamble responsibly and all that malarkey.

Allaho. Of course I lost my Antepost money backing him for Ballymore. Doh.. Will back him and cover with Commander.

Uncello Conti. Another nice bet (unless I get toasted in first!) I'll throw a nice bet on him. Need to study that race though. Not as easy as other years.

Think I'll throw 50 on Percy and something on Native or CDO. Really annoyed I didn't cover Frodon today, so I'm not listening to anyone panning Paul Nicholls chance in this race. Not sure yet. Could just back Percy. This race needs something special, and Percy might be it, with his bizarre campaign and sheer talent. Percy is a legend to this forum over the years and by Jesus will I be shouting him home. I could see Anabale Fly running well but won't back him.

I'll lose hugely on the handicaps, although I'm due to hit one soon. Good few seconds already.

By the end of Friday, I'll have lost 500, drank 20 pints, talked a phenomenal amount of sxxt, but in typical style, I'll have fun and leave it all on the pitch!

Good luck.

Turn luck turn god damn it!! :) getting drunker anyway. Quickly reached 250 down. Half way there.

Johnny Francome has real hair ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Miss Francome in the studio. Along with McGrath, Brough, Alastair Down etc, what a team it was. I’d happily even suffer the oaf to have it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Miss Francome in the studio. Along with McGrath, Brough, Alastair Down etc, what a team it was. I’d happily even suffer the oaf to have it back.

The glory days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Absolute ****e from Ruby there, allaho comfortably beat minella indo but like everything else he rode this week taking the longest way around

Reminds me of being in the bookies yesterday. Once a year punters all mystified that Ruby couldn't do anything on Faugheen. The same ones who were wondering what happened with Min the day before. Or still giving out about BDD.

the evidence is all there, if you're gonna insist on backing him then thats one thing but to be giving out about him after is a bit silly at this stage. He's been a joke for the last 4 years. In saying that Ahallo was beaten a mile and no jockey would have made any difference.

Other than the first race and BDD, he hasnt had the best horse in the race. Dunno why people still look at him like a Cheltenham meal ticket, do they even watch racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Davy Russell has rode a winner last 13 Cheltenham festivals. He has no winner this week and this is his last ride. Enough said

And Clare Balding anchor presenter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

All aboard the PP train!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Might bite to win and invitation only ew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

Reminds me of being in the bookies yesterday. Once a year punters all mystified that Ruby couldn't do anything on Faugheen. The same ones who were wondering what happened with Min the day before. Or still giving out about BDD.

the evidence is all there, if you're gonna insist on backing him then thats one thing but to be giving out about him after is a bit silly at this stage. He's been a joke for the last 4 years. In saying that Ahallo was beaten a mile and no jockey would have made any difference.

Other than the first race and BDD, he hasnt had the best horse in the race. Dunno why people still look at him like a Cheltenham meal ticket, do they even watch racing?

What ****e are you spouting, he's the finest jump jockey around, it was a poor ride imo everyone has them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I have a feeling Mullins will win this

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Might bite to win and invitation only ew

Please God!!

Davy Russel 12 year run of winners at Cheltenham under threat. Needs to win this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

You can just tell how nervous the jockeys are before the gold cup

And Clare Balding anchor presenter.

She was **** though

Would love to see someone grab a wad of cash out of Brian Gleesons hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,458 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Definitly Red brought down, that was my bet. Geez

Mullins can't train chasers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭bladespin

Native river defo has a future in showjumping if he wants one!

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Spot on...

Delighted for Paul and mullins breaks the ghost

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Delighted for Townend. What a shyte name for a horse though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jaysus, so much for that Percy horse

Lol

It still stands all but one fell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Worst cheltenham for punters in years

It still stands all but one fell

Ah I know, just taken the piss. 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Angliru wrote: »
    Strange strange race

And another faller for me. Although leading at the time Invitation Only didn't look to be jumping at all well from the second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

GO ON THE PERCY.

Terribly campaigned horse.

Great win for the owner. Her first runner at Cheltenham ? Usually a nickel and dime winner of donkey derbies. DOes the owner get the 625,000 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Percy never looked happy there at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Johner wrote: »
    GO ON THE PERCY.

Terribly campaigned horse.

He didn't win

Album photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Gutted for Thistlecrack, could never settle into a rhythm after being impeded by the fallers. Might Bite struggled to stay again but a brave run.

Nice one for Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

PP had ABP stuffed in the RSA last year. Maybe they should have gotten a run over fences this year #hindsight

Great week for the bookies.

Dunno what Russel was at, looked like he had trouble all around him for 2 miles and didn't look for a better position. Very hard to win with no competitive chase in a year.

Definitly red at 66-1 was travelling okay in 3rd when brought down, 6th last year and came her in good form, thought it could have placed at least.
    Falling is one thing, getting wiped out it just frustrating.

Shemale wrote: »
    Dunno what Russel was at, looked like he had trouble all around him for 2 miles and didn't look for a better position. Very hard to win with no competitive chase in a year.

Horse wasn't good enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement