Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday 14 March

Options
  • 12-03-2019 11:25am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hard to believe this is for the final day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Tiger Tap Tap at 14s with Hills looks decent value in the Triumph. Got within a neck of Sir Erec on debut, got boxed in next time, I'd expect a better showing from him here.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭WicklowBrave

RW on Bellshill, PT on ABP, David Mullins stays on Kemboy.

Anyone who backed Carefully Selected in the Albert Bartlett antepost you will get your money back. Was declared but balloted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sir erec/Dallas de pictons double for me tomorrow. 8.45/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Shattered Love day......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Pic D'Orhy is my big hope. I also believe in the impossible dream part 2 with Thistlecrack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kemboy and Invitation Only so far only for me

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

1.30 Triumph
    Main one is Gardens Of Babylon ew antepost. Took an early price NRNB on Pic D'Orhy at 10s.

2.10 County
    Big bet on Leoncavallo at 25s and 20s. Have Ch'tibello antepost at 25s as well but hoping Leoncavallo can make it a big festival in terms of profit.

2.50 Albert Bartlett
    Dinons ew @ 25s but bigger bet on Rhinestone. I am keeping the faith with Rhinestone but antepost prices aren't looking genius as he's about the same price as when I backed him.

3.30 Gold Cup
    Been with Clan Des Obeaux since he won the King George and will stick with him.

4.10 Foxhunters
    With Shantou Flyer but concerned the jockey emptied him on his last start. All the money is for Caid Du Berlais and he looks like he'll get his ground tomorrow. Will probably back him in the morning.

4.50 Grand Annual
    Took Le Prezien couple of weeks ago but I think conditions will be different this year than when he won last year. I'm all in on Mind's Eye with big prices, another who could make it a profitable festival.

5.30 Martin Pipe
    Will have to have a saver on Dallas Des Pictons but I've taken 66/1 about Casa Tall. Will look closer for something else

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

Backed Al boum. Hopeful of a good run but whether he'll be good enough or not I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I know he ran very meh last time but Runrized in the first at 80/1 has caught my eye

Pedigree is there too

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭dave81

Probably go BD on Sir Erec. Haven't had a big one yet. Big in my world is low 3 figures!! I've bank rolled so I've treated it as spent already. Gamble responsibly and all that malarkey.

Allaho. Of course I lost my Antepost money backing him for Ballymore. Doh.. Will back him and cover with Commander.

Uncello Conti. Another nice bet (unless I get toasted in first!) I'll throw a nice bet on him. Need to study that race though. Not as easy as other years.

Think I'll throw 50 on Percy and something on Native or CDO. Really annoyed I didn't cover Frodon today, so I'm not listening to anyone panning Paul Nicholls chance in this race. Not sure yet. Could just back Percy. This race needs something special, and Percy might be it, with his bizarre campaign and sheer talent. Percy is a legend to this forum over the years and by Jesus will I be shouting him home. I could see Anabale Fly running well but won't back him.

I'll lose hugely on the handicaps, although I'm due to hit one soon. Good few seconds already.

By the end of Friday, I'll have lost 500, drank 20 pints, talked a phenomenal amount of sxxt, but in typical style, I'll have fun and leave it all on the pitch!

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gone for a long shot life changer for tomorrow, will have a few singles & ews too, first day off watching Cheltenham this year, pub for 1

Sir Erec - Triumph
    Nadaitak - AB
    Bellshill - GC
    Dallas Des Pictons - MP

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Anything to take on the fav in the first, he has all the class but just can’t have him at 4/5! Fingers still sore after apples om last years triumph!

On early doors, Dinons, Percy and thistlecrack at decent prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I probably won't have a bet in the race, but I predict Sir Erec will win this easier than Our Conor won his Triumph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I’m struggling to see what everybody else seems to see in sir erec, he hasn’t been overly impressive to date, If he try’s to go from the front I expect Paul Nichols horse Quel Destin to go with him and try rough him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Where can you find current Top Jock & Trainer standings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I’m struggling to see what everybody else seems to see in sir erec, he hasn’t been overly impressive to date, If he try’s to go from the front I expect Paul Nichols horse Quel Destin to go with him and try rough him up.

I usually try and avoid favourites, but there are some u cannot get away from. I think this is one. I expect the most impressive win of the week. A Plus Tard will have to accept the runner up prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Hole **** Sir Erec is odds on now completely missed that. Will make it sweeter when Pic absolutely blows by!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

It’s not usually a race I get involved in but Sir Erec is an absolute max bet for me. Nobody has a better crop of juveniles than Joseph this year and he knows how good this horse is. Justin Carthy’s horse was due to run here and they switched him to the Fred Winter - how good could Sir Erec be if Band Of Outlaws was rerouted to avoid him?

His two runs over hurdles so far have been excellent and he’s only going to keep improving. I think he’ll relish the hill tomorrow and his flat races will have galvanised him. He’s a tough horse for four and if you look back on some of his flat runs as well as his maiden at Leopardstown, he’s a hardy horse. He has taken to jumping really well and we could see something special tomorrow. For me to get involved in a Triumph Hurdle he has to be exciting and I really do think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Quel Destin
    Eclair dear Beafu EW
    Allaho
    Bellshill, Thistlecrack EW
    Road to Rome
    Let Prezian

L15 Ew
    Whiskey Sour
    Commander of Fleet
    Percy
    Ucello Conti

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sir Erec is a good horse for sure (was 3rd to Stradivarius as Ascot after all) but over hurdles I would for sure question the form he has shown and how highly he is being spoken of on the back of it.

As I was saying the other day on the Champion Hurdle thread, with regards to Apple Jade's form at Leopardstown, easy wins on that track are being given ratings that I would absolutely question. I still think Sire Erec warrants being the fav, but odds on is ridiculous.

Worth noting also that when there was some cut in the ground Tiger Tap Tap ran him to a neck. Last time out Elliot's horse kept TTT trapped on the rails and Ruby had a few looks between his legs as if he wasn't all that bothered about gaining revenge that day, perhaps they were more than happy to wait for tomorrow's race for that.

I see TTT as a great e/w or place bet tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Can see Dorhy going well until it blows up with a lack of a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Sir Erec is a good horse for sure (was 3rd to Stradivarius as Ascot after all) but over hurdles I would for sure question the form he has shown and how highly he is being spoken of on the back of it.

As I was saying the other day on the Champion Hurdle thread, with regards to Apple Jade's form at Leopardstown, easy wins on that track are being given ratings that I would absolutely question. I still think Sire Erec warrants being the fav, but odds on is ridiculous.

Worth noting also that when there was some cut in the ground Tiger Tap Tap ran him to a neck. Last time out Elliot's horse kept TTT trapped on the rails and Ruby had a few looks between his legs as if he wasn't all that bothered about gaining revenge that day, perhaps they were more than happy to wait for tomorrow's race for that.

I see TTT as a great e/w or place bet tomorrow.

Erec had him held all the way there but agree with yer conclusion TTT place is a better bet than erec odds on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

Lads would anybody have any idea of the total winning distance lengths wise over the first 3 days or where to get it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Racing Post has the aggregate winning distances of every meeting up around 20 minutes or so after the last race.

Tuesday: 52.5
    Wednesday: 29.1
    Thursday: 11.15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Absolute disaster of a festival for me.. Looking forward to Aintree and Punchestown now tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

At work here in the pub and a lad comes up to me and says he has a tip for me.

“Native River at Cheltenham, think he’s on at 3.30 but not sure. My brother works in Joseph O Brien’s and he said it’s expected to go well”

What can you say to that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

hefferboi wrote: »

“Native River at Cheltenham, think he’s on at 3.30 but not sure. My brother works in Joseph O Brien’s and he said it’s expected to go well”

These are the people we have to put up with this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

hefferboi wrote: »

TBH I think you just have to say "jaysis are ya serious? thanks for that"

Obviously a very recreational horse racing fan who gets caught up in it for Cheltenham and there's no point nipping back at him.

Brings that saying to mind that "a wise man never argues with a fool for fear he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience".

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just for Pat Laffan's demise, I going e/w on Cut the Mustard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭spurshero

The Racing Post has the aggregate winning distances of every meeting up around 20 minutes or so after the last race.

Tuesday: 52.5
    Wednesday: 29.1
    Thursday: 11.15

Thanks a mill

Advertisement