Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amon Amarth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Wednesday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

So I'm surprised there isn't a thread about this already.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057960578

It's also mentioned in the Rock & Metal gigs thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Passenger wrote: »
    Wednesday though.

Worse, a Monday. Thinking of hitting it - caught Behemoth in London the other week and they sure know how to put on a show! They've come a long way since I saw them in Nancy Spain's in Cork 14/15 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

It just feels like a gig like this should be a weekend day, i'd be able to get to it without having to take time off work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Got my ticket, may as well get a day or two off :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Tickets sorted! nice to not have to go to Dublin for a gig for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Picked up tickets- can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

First single and probably details of the new album coming on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/AmonAmarthBand/status/1107708153225871360

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

IMG-20190617-220647-1.jpg

So....Amon Amarth / Behemoth, Limerick. Epic or what!?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

IMG-20190617-220647-1.jpg

So....Amon Amarth / Behemoth, Limerick. Epic or what!?

Absolutely epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

It was fantastic.

Great location for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Did anybody see the Limerick Councillor who wanted Behemoth banned?
    Fianna Fail councillor Kevin Sheehan says the people of Ireland are not entertained by acts such as these.

...it's not my type of entertainment.

"We do not want it here in this country."

:D

Passenger wrote: »
    Did anybody see the Limerick Councillor who wanted Behemoth banned?

:D

Well that worked out well for him.....or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

What kind of crowd was there out of curiosity?

Degag wrote: »
    What kind of crowd was there out of curiosity?

Do you mean in terms of numbers?

Definitely not full or a sellout but a healthy enough crowd. Hope the promoters managed to make it work financially as it was brilliantly organised. Time to enter venue about 2 mins, queuing time for beers, 4 minutes. And most importantly time required to take a slash and get back before missing too many songs - less than the length of Faffner's Gold!!! :)

I was a bit annoyed to having missed Metallica at Slane but having done Slane before I don't think I could have put up with the horror of getting in and out of the place.

However if I had missed this I would be seriously p**sed off, it was fantastic. Given that both bands had played to over a 100,000 people the day before I presumed they would not be bringing their "A-Game". That notion was swiftly dismissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Do you mean in terms of numbers?

Definitely not full or a sellout but a healthy enough crowd. Hope the promoters managed to make it work financially as it was brilliantly organised. Time to enter venue about 2 mins, queuing time for beers, 4 minutes. And most importantly time required to take a slash and get back before missing too many songs - less than the length of Faffner's Gold!!! :)

I was a bit annoyed to having missed Metallica at Slane but having done Slane before I don't think I could have put up with the horror of getting in and out of the place.

However if I had missed this I would be seriously p**sed off, it was fantastic. Given that both bands had played to over a 100,000 people the day before I presumed they would not be bringing their "A-Game". That notion was swiftly dismissed.
    1900 sold apparently,
    so just under 100 off being capacity

was a great atmosphere there! hope they do it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

It really was an amazing gig. The venue, the crowd, the bar, the toilets, the sound quality, the performances from both bands were all top class. If they can get more like this in Limerick they're on to a great thing. Imagine a 1 day festival in there even, I'd gladly pay double or triple the cost of this.

Advertisement